91 ignition control module

91 comanche 2.5L

Symptoms indicate bad ICM..

Bought the part and I can't locate it on the truck... Repair book says near passenger shock tower( nope)

Auto Zone says on fire wall ( Nope)

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Steve

43 minutes ago, Scalped said:

91 comanche 2.5L

Symptoms indicate bad ICM..

Bought the part and I can't locate it on the truck... Repair book says near passenger shock tower( nope)

Auto Zone says on fire wall ( Nope)

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Steve

Can you post a pic of what you bought?

11 hours ago, jeeptec1 said:

The 91 Comanche doesn’t have an ignition control module. It does have a pcm powertrain control module. It is or should be along the left inner fender and air cleaner housing.

If you don't mind looking at my symptoms and telling me if I'm on the right track...

Sometimes runs perfect then without warning it stalls or bucks and jumps missing or gos dead.. usually upon start of excelleration but not always.

Thanks
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a check engine light/ service engine message? Common failures on this is the crank sensor. Located on the left top of the bell housing. The cam sensor located in the distributor. Fuel pump.

Cycle the key on off on off on leave it on. Count the sequence of blinks that will give you a fault code. There maybe a more detailed procedure on YouTube on reading the codes. Then do a google search for the codes.