Infinity Gold 6x9 speaker wiring

Swiped some of the infinity speakers out of a Chrysler town and country minivan........ I have 4 wires coming off the speaker 2 are the normal speaker wires and 2 need 12v run to them..... anyone know which ones what? I guess I have enough of these speakers around to expieriment by why burn out anymore than I have to....

Thanks

Swiped some of the infinity speakers out of a Chrysler town and country minivan........ I have 4 wires coming off the speaker 2 are the normal speaker wires and 2 need 12v run to them..... anyone know which ones what? I guess I have enough of these speakers around to expieriment by why burn out anymore than I have to....

Thanks

You did not mention what year minivan these speakers came from. The other two connections were used to power the built-in amplifiers. These speakers were used from the middle 80's through 2000 or so. First ID the "normal" speaker wires by hooking up a 9V battery across two of the wires and listen for a POP noise in the speaker. Not harmful. Then look at the colors of the other two wires. The 12- wire color will "most" likely be BLK, GRY, or BRN, with possible a stripe color. The 12+ wire should be connected to an ignition switched source. Hope this helps

won't do any good don't own a Chrysler mini-van let alone the manual, also the infinity system probably won't be in the manual, the stock stereo isnt remotely close either....

Ill check with IFSJA or something

It will be in a factory service manual. You'll need to check out the wiring diagrams. They have connector views, all the wire colors and show which wire is for what.

I'm was a Chrysler master tech until '02 when I blew out my back. I did 90% of the electrical repair at my dealership. Trust me, the info is there. I have personally worked on over a couple dozen systems like your speakers came out of.

If you explain what info you need most dealers will copy the page or two you will need. Otherwise there is probably a copy of the manual online somewhere if you look hard enough.

Thanks horn, Ill give it a try.

Reason I said the manual wouldnt have it is because my parents have a 95 ZJ with the same system and the manual doesnt cover these speakers.

can't wait to get these hooked up 4 of these combined with the Xplodes in the doors should sound pretty damned good :brows:

Thanks horn, Ill give it a try.

Reason I said the manual wouldnt have it is because my parents have a 95 ZJ with the same system and the manual doesnt cover these speakers.

can't wait to get these hooked up 4 of these combined with the Xplodes in the doors should sound pretty damned good :brows:

Yeah, please keep in touch as I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Got the Xplodes in the door already, with the Mitsu AM/FM/CD player head, and need to upgrade the rear speakers. This is the ideal way to go and the built in amp should be just enough.