Load sensing valve

I have read and reread the how to on this. My problem is every time I trace the line from the valve it comes up to #2 in the picture. But the how to states that you are to remove #1 and plug that hole. What am I missing?

536522E0-6588-4B61-AF89-3A29DCFD6DA4.jpeg

I'm assuming you want to delete/bypass the load sensing valve.  Not sure which write up you're reading.  Check this out:

For your project, it sounds like you want to keep the MJ distribution block.  Follow all the steps in the thread linked to here, but keep your MJ distribution block and plug the bottom front port (#1 in your pic), instead of putting in a YJ/XJ/ZJ proportioning valve.

Please be aware that if you keep the MJ distribution block, you will be pushing full pressure to the rear wheels.  This will increase the probability of locking up the rear wheels when braking hard.

What you are missing is that your #2 is the normally-open line/circuit that feeds the rear brakes (through the height-sensing valve) under normal operating conditions. Your #1 is the line for the emergency bypass that sends full pressure to the rear brakes (bypassing the height-sensing valve) in the event of loss of the front brakes. Port #1 only sees flow/pressure if the front brakes fail.

MJ_Brake_Block_Bypass.JPG

Note that this photo shows the shuttle valve (that horizontal slider across the top) in the tripped position, as it would be when the front brakes have failed. Under normal conditions, the shuttle valve would be about 1/4-inch to the left, with the left-most O-ring blocking fluid flow to the outlet at the bottom.

2 hours ago, kryptronic said:

For your project, it sounds like you want to keep the MJ distribution block.  Follow all the steps in the thread linked to here, but keep your MJ distribution block and plug the front port (#2 in your pic), instead of putting in a YJ/XJ/ZJ proportioning valve.

NO! Do NOT plug #2. Plug #1. #2 is the normal circuit for feeding the rear brakes. If you plug #2 and use #1, you won't have any rear brakes at all.

8 minutes ago, Eagle said:

NO! Do NOT plug #2. Plug #1. #2 is the normal circuit for feeding the rear brakes. If you plug #2 and use #1, you won't have any rear brakes at all.

So plug #1 and then remove that line from the vehicle?  

23 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I've updated my post.  I ran through three or four threads and found conflicting info.