WTB: HO Valve Cover

RustyRodder

Oops. Your looking for the aftermarket type that comes powdercoated black, red, or yellow. I do actually but not up for sale. If you shop a little online, they are about 100 bucks new shipped to your door. I bought a yellow 1 for an xj daily I had for 2 years. I never heard any louder engine noise that same people made claims to about them. I also didn't use the gasket that came with it. I ran the expensive blue reusable type. They go on all my jeeps. They work great especially on the renix.

I have 3 of these valve covers laying around also, if needed.

The blue rubber coated Fel-Pro gaskets can be had in the junkyard for cheap.  I've bought used valve covers and they didn't charge for the gasket... I've also had a yard let me have the gasket for free.  I have had three running/driving 4.0s with these used valve cover gaskets and no leaks.

2 hours ago, schardein said:

The blue rubber coated Fel-Pro gaskets can be had in the junkyard for cheap.  I've bought used valve covers and they didn't charge for the gasket... I've also had a yard let me have the gasket for free.  I have had three running/driving 4.0s with these used valve cover gaskets and no leaks.

Can you shoot me a pic? 

3 hours ago, schardein said:

Lucky dog finding the blue gaskets. I never have spotted 1 yet. 

I should clarify, that I swapped to the later steel valve covers, and used the blue gaskets that came with those.  I don't know if they were used from the factory or I just got lucky, but I see them from time to time.  (this is why I have 3 cast aluminum covers laying around)

I haven't used a blue gasket on the original cast aluminum valve cover or even know if one is made.

I can get pics later.

2 minutes ago, schardein said:

I haven't used a blue gasket on the original cast aluminum valve cover or even know if one is made.

The expensive Fel-Pro gaskets for the earlier models are blue too. Just took one off of my '91.

I want to say that the OEM gasket for the stamped steel valve covers was black or gray or something like that.