Lift ?’s

6 or 7" has been done with regularity. :L: we have a much longer wheelbase than XJs and wranglers and so the angles are far less extreme.  

having said that, the SYE is a great upgrade if you've got the cash.  and new shafts for non-SYE setups are not expensive.

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

6 or 7" has been done with regularity. :L: we have a much longer wheelbase than XJs and wranglers and so the angles are far less extreme.  

having said that, the SYE is a great upgrade if you've got the cash.  and new shafts for non-SYE setups are not expensive.

So if I read this correctly. I can SOA the rear up to 7” without changing the driveline? Or would I maybe need a longer slip yoke? My truck doesn’t see much off-road use at this current time.

Thanks all, I may have to start piecing together a temporary lift. I say temporary, because I’ll be doing the super duty axle swap and will have to change whatever steering changes are made for the lift now versus after. That, and spending thrifty now means money saved for better and newer parts later.