Rear brake backing plate Dana 44

Hi, I just bought a 1989 Comanche and started the restoration. I'm wonder if anyone know where I can find new brake backing plates for my rear Dana 44 axle. It seems hard to find? Is it possible to by new ones?

I *think* I still have a set of D44 backing plates down in the shed.  If you still need them let me know and I'll go hunt for them.  I'll give them to you for the cost of shipping them, if I find them:beerchug:

Hi, you really saved my day! If you can find the plates, I  will be very grateful (: Please contact me on my mailadress so can we deside how to proceed.

zippoo1991@gmail.com

Txs,

Håkan

Hakan,

I found them.  They've been sitting for a number of years and still had some brake hardware attached to them and everything was rusted to hell.  I stripped them down to the backing plates and did a quick wire brush treatment then shot them with a rust converter.  You'll probably want to clean them up some more when you get them, though.  I'll email you for the shipping details.

Jeff

image.jpeg

Hi Jeff, I don't know how to thank you, yet... Please send me a email on zippoo1991@gmail.com then we can find the best solution for the package. I really hope that I can repay your willingness to help me :applause:

Håkan