Bit off more than I wanted

I've got an 86 2.5l, that was originally 2wd with a 904 trans.  It's been converted to an ax5 4wd.  Once the transmission was finished, I started on the motor. Previously the truck had an exhaust leak, and a fairly high idle.(1400 rpm) I pulled the intake/exhaust off, and discovered the manifold was cracked in 2.  I ordered a new replacement manifold and put it all back together. At first it wouldn't start.  Then it would only start if I sprayed starter fluid into the intake, and it idled around 3000 rpm. I capped all the vacuum lines on the vacuum harness and it with difficulty it started and idled at 1500 rpm.  Then I removed the harness all together and called the lines at the ports, and it started normally and idled at 1000 rpm with what sounded like a misfire.  I hooked the map sensor back up with brand new vacuum line and it's back to 1500 rpm and hard to start.  It doesn't sound like it has a misfire though..  Where do I start? 

Tldr: replaced exhaust manifold and gasket, found a bunch of vac leaks, capped everything.  Truck starts and runs with a misfire.  If I reconnect vacuum to the map sensor, it idles at 1500 rpm and is hard to start

New:

Exhaust (manifold back) 

Exhaust manifold gasket

Iac

Waterpump

Thermostat

Cap

Wires

Plugs

Aluminum valve cover (91+)