Orifice fitting??

What is the little orifice on the front of the 2.5 valve cover? It goes from the valve cover to the intake. I've looked on rock auto, can't figure out what its called.. I've tried CCV fitting too, doesn't pull up anything.

1991 2.5 btw.

Click image to see an enlarged view

On 1/17/2019 at 7:25 AM, gogmorgo said:

Is it more than just a barbed fitting?

I have no idea lol...

50 minutes ago, Pete M said:

admittedly I've never owned a 2.5, but what exactly is the question?  are we looking for a diameter of the hole?  or a part number for what goes into it?

Yeah, I'm basically looking for a part number for what is marked "ccv fitting" on the diagram, but the 91 came with a pcv system so its not CCV

https://xjjeeps.com

For other parts manual needs. Found it in our own DIY index :L:

To save you hunting, the manual just calls it "FITTING, vacuum." 3300 4175. Quick search for the part online was inconclusive. Interestingly the same number also refers to a part that looks like it serves a similar function but also looks totally different on a diagram called " CCV System 2.5 Carbureted Engine Cherokee 1993"... Whatever that means. 

image.jpeg.2b6de5298a738822875c9f3363a74fdb.jpegimage.jpeg.7eb01b3e37974afcadf194fe0b41b5b1.jpeg

But at any rate, I pulled out the one from my '91 MJ 2.5L, that externally looks identical to the ones in both my '92 YJ engines. Clear shot straight through it, just looks like an 1/8" NPT hose barb, but that's just a guess on the size. Hardware store part, nothing fancy. But like, I suppose I could send you one of my "genuine" ones, if you really wanted. 

19 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

https://xjjeeps.com

For other parts manual needs. Found it in our own DIY index :L:

To save you hunting, the manual just calls it "FITTING, vacuum." 3300 4175. Quick search for the part online was inconclusive. Interestingly the same number also refers to a part that looks like it serves a similar function but also looks totally different on a diagram called " CCV System 2.5 Carbureted Engine Cherokee 1993"... Whatever that means. 

image.jpeg.2b6de5298a738822875c9f3363a74fdb.jpegimage.jpeg.7eb01b3e37974afcadf194fe0b41b5b1.jpeg

But at any rate, I pulled out the one from my '91 MJ 2.5L, that externally looks identical to the ones in both my '92 YJ engines. Clear shot straight through it, just looks like an 1/8" NPT hose barb, but that's just a guess on the size. Hardware store part, nothing fancy. But like, I suppose I could send you one of my "genuine" ones, if you really wanted. 

Appreciate it, took it to the hardware store and they found me something that was similar to it, just get ocd sometimes about the mj lol