S-10 ZR2, LT1.........

Rob S

So I got to let you know, still looking at trucks. I have a line on a ZR2 with an LT1 for a good price. That is a hell of a truck, that kind of power in a smaller truck............ He wants a bit much, but I gave him my top dollar, take it or leave it. But it is an extra cab, and set up nice, would save me a ton of work in putting the MJ where I want it. Am I the only one that looks at other alternatives? I really would like to stay Jeep, but those ZR2's are bad A$$$. Before I get bashed, I have owned over 20 XJ's, 2 MJ's, and tons of other Jeeps, but also owned several chevy's. I like the ZR2's. Input on this??????????????????

If the front drivetrain is factory, it will not hold up to the torque of an LT-1.

Actually the ZR2 has a much heavier drivetrain, full size running gear, than the basic S10. The ZR2 is 4x4 with the skids, heavy drivetrain, etc. I don't want some 2wd truck, not up north here.

i think of alternatives, but not trucks. the manche or the F250 diesel are the only trucks i would rock. (well ok, taco's aren't bad either)

last thing i thought about was a non-running late 80s volvo wagon that was a perfect candidate for a 302 or a 350... :brows: then add a 5-spd and upgraded suspension/gutted with lexan windows

but that sounds like to much of a money pit

i think of alternatives, but not trucks. the manche or the F250 diesel are the only trucks i would rock. (well ok, taco's aren't bad either)

last thing i thought about was a non-running late 80s volvo wagon that was a perfect candidate for a 302 or a 350... :brows: then add a 5-spd and upgraded suspension/gutted with lexan windows

but that sounds like to much of a money pit

I built several fast cars, last fast car was a 3rd generation RX7 twin turbo. Tryin to stick with 4wd's these days. Probably stay with the MJ for my DD for now, need to get out there and get workin on it, damn house projects keep me too busy. Would be fun to swap a hemi or LS6 into the MJ down the road....who knows.