source for replacement distributor and rotor for 2.5l gas 4 engine??

16 hours ago, ruralandalone said:

Not to be difficult, but to me "TBI" stands for traumatic brain injury......??

Yes, yes it does because the 86 model year (which I have) is the same in theory and on paper as other years but in real life most parts require a bit of modifying to fit(i.e. cut the wires to make it work) and ( you need a cap a rotor, as they are diffrent). Just be very aware of this keep receipts, and don't ruin a part with out first making sure it works for you and your specific needs. 

4 hours ago, Me&my86MJ said:

Yes, yes it does because the 86 model year (which I have) is the same in theory and on paper as other years but in real life most parts require a bit of modifying to fit(i.e. cut the wires to make it work) and ( you need a cap a rotor, as they are diffrent). Just be very aware of this keep receipts, and don't ruin a part with out first making sure it works for you and your specific needs. 

You're giving the impression that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I have a 98 distributor in my 88.

4 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

You're giving the impression that I don't know what I'm talking about.

I have a 98 distributor in my 88.

No Sir, definitely not my intent. Yes TBI is both Throttle Body Injection and Trumatic Brain Injury, I was attempting a bit of humor because it has be my best friend when working on my jeep. I was actually just quoting you instead of acting like I know to much. I have also ran into issues with my own parts, especially aftermarket, lift, and/or performance parts(preformance parts, i know I'm dying right now, because there is almost none for tbi). 

For instance on parts not fitting as one would hope, as just bolt on and go(I know I am not 100% correct and definitely will get something wrong and leave a bunch more out).

Throttle bodies & throttle body spacers(bolt pattern differs), performance/aftermarket exhaust manifolds(as later style intake where more a true U shape allowing larger tubes and bends on exhaust), certain sensors and electrical devices (mainly just need harness plugs wired to match each other),  also my lift kit was for 87-92 I didn't think that would matter but it really did(about 4 or 5 steps were way off, not needed, missing, or just plain out didn't apply in my situation). 

You could bolt up some of these thing but then you need others to make them work properly.