Project: "zerohour", for my fellow MJ enthusiasts

rockhardzj

Well, You have asked that I find the site that searches all CraigsList cities. Unfortunately, it's been quite a while since I used the one site that actually worked half decent. They all are getting the rotten crabage thrown at them as Craigslist tells them to shut down as they go agains CL's theory of a "localized search". I find it pretty ghey of CL's end, and frankly, if I made a program, and they found out about it, I'd tell them to shove it.

anyways, after a little tooling around, I've got all the cities down with the search string, so now comes the hard part. I've got to make the engine to search the strings! I've never built a search engine before, but I'm going to try my best.

Worst case scenario, we get to add each xml link into a XML Reader such as Google Reader, and search that way.

wish for the best...

EDIT:I've given it a name:

Project: "zerohour"

Please see this post for further instructions!

One more update:

Here is the publicly shared list of it all, check it out, I'm sure you'll find some goodness, and I do all your hard work!

http://www.google.com/reader/shared/036 ... 6809901508

he he he.... you saw "TODAY ONKLY" too? I live here in Phoenix and have been looking for an MJ for a while. Saw that and laughed so hard. I think it's so funny, as well as a sad, that people can't spell Comanche, when it's right on the side of the freak'n truck they're tyring to sell. Just go outside and look at your truck!! Its not that hard!!

he he he.... you saw "TODAY ONKLY" too? I live here in Phoenix and have been looking for an MJ for a while. Saw that and laughed so hard. I think it's so funny, as well as a sad, that people can't spell Comanche, when it's right on the side of the freak'n truck they're tyring to sell. Just go outside and look at your truck!! Its not that hard!!
Maybe all their emblems fell off?

I saw "89 Commanche" written on the fender of a junkyard MJ. Barely 6 inches from the emblem. :D

I saw "89 Commanche" written on the fender of a junkyard MJ. Barely 6 inches from the emblem. :D

I was going for a regular image of him, but that just made me laugh pretty hard!

OK, now the project has a name.

I have made localized (to continents mainly) OMPL RSS XML files.

The files are:

zerohour_Africa.xml

zerohour_Americas.xml

zerohour_Asia_MiddleEast.xml

zerohour_Australia_NewZealand.xml

zerohour_Canada.xml

zerohour_Europe.xml

zerohour_UK_Ireland.xml

zerohour_United%20States.xml

What you will need:

An RSS/News Feed Aggregater which supports uploading of an OMPL format XML file. (See below for confirmed readers)

One, or more of the files listed above.

A list of supporting RSS Feed Readers is as follows:

Google Reader

I will update the list as I find more, so hang on tight!