You’re my boy blue: 1986 renix 2.5 longbed

I found this gem in western Missouri, I live in Lawrence KS and have been salvaging parts from an 89 farm find I got in February to perfect this thing. Getting it painted back to original blue (this is a spray paint job a former owner did that was not well done) and a bedliner this week. Will post more pics later!

ed1aebb84e676b607870eb079d27114d.jpg

82844fd21bcbea9d4307d123698a08f9.jpg

My parts bench:

6a67c0e7c2e0fe0501620821fa3560a2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I found this gem in western Missouri, I live in Lawrence KS and have been salvaging parts from an 89 farm find I got in February to perfect this thing. Getting it painted back to original blue (this is a spray paint job a former owner did that was not well done) and a bedliner this week. Will post more pics later!

ed1aebb84e676b607870eb079d27114d.jpg

82844fd21bcbea9d4307d123698a08f9.jpg

My parts bench:

6a67c0e7c2e0fe0501620821fa3560a2.jpg

Keep your eyes on the pick n pull yards in KC I’ve found lot of good parts there for cheap.

88 Pioneer 4x4 auto LB D30/D44
88 Eliminator 4x2 5sp SB D35

• 2 weeks later...

just aesthetics.  gives the engine bay a splash of color. :L:  make sure you do it right though.  VCs tend to have years of oily residue in them and need to be super cleaned for the paint to adhere properly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

f8058dac6fff14be0cabb97a29fefd7b.jpg looking at redoing the interior. Just took the dash out to see how everything is and maybe clean up the wiring a bit. PO said mice got in there a little bit, I also found some hornets nest tunnels. So cleaning it up, redoing the heater core, and looking to swap the interior. The seats are in amazing condition though so I’m torn. Everything else is very sun damaged and cracking. Been terrible weather lately so I haven’t been updating much. Oddly excited about getting this deep into the truck, I haven’t really done too much last this point before. Here’s to new things!

That is one pretty truck you have there. This winter has definitely sucked! Keep the good fight going. I really like the new blue.

Thanks man! Started pulling up carpet today and found some rust so it looks like I’ll be doing a little more here than I originally planned.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got permission from the boss (fiancée but we all know what it means) to get a parts Jeep! Stripped what I could from the 89 I had when I got this 86 and I agreed to get rid of it. So now I’m going to hunt down a 4.0 to do a swap. I’ve never liked the 2.5 between this truck and the wrangler I had. I’ve had two 4.0 cherokees and damn did they boogie. Leaving on a mission trip to Liberia tomorrow, but when I get back it’s Craigslist/marketplace/forum shopping time!