Interior Plastic Type?

P0VbujR.jpg

Yes it probably is a PVC.

Use a cleaning product called awesome you'll find it at Dollar General stores it's $1 per bottle in a really is awesome

Use the product showing you above as a bonding primer one can will do an entire interior in a cost about $20

The material depends on the plastic part in question.   PVC is used on pieces that need to have some flexure to them for installation and removal.  Door kick plates, trim around the bottom of the door, etc.

Pieces that are more "permanent" in their position (such as the glove compartment door and the like) are something else, most likely a polycarbonate/ABS blend.  

Manufacturers tend to mark the part on the back side near the area where the part number is molded in with an abbreviation for the molding resin used.  Since all the trim is out of my MJ right now, and knowing about these markings, I looked some pieces from my vehicle. to see what material markings the have.    The answer was NO material markings, exceept for the ones from the dash, and those are marked PC/ABS. 

Unfortunately, my dash/instrument panel is from a 2000XJ, so that doesn't help tell you what was used on an original MJ dash.

I would say it's a safe bet that most of the "hard" plastic in the vehicle is PC/ABS or straight ABS.

"  The answer was NO material markings, except for the ones from the dash, and those are marked PC/ABS.  I would say it's a safe bet that most of the "hard" plastic in the vehicle is PC/ABS or straight ABS."

I know about the markings and found nothing abbreviated either. Because the paint manufacturer SEM lists Vinyl Prep or Plastic Prep I needed to rule out PVC. I fount the SEM paint after seeing an ebay listing for cab lights painted in Burgundy for the Comanche. The Color is perfect so I just wanted to follow the manufacturer's instructions. It's a Jeep thing.

PVC is used for things like the dash pad, door panels, arm rests, and other soft things that obviously aren't real leather. 

Polypropylene is used for slightly harder but very flexible stuff. 

PC/ABS is going to make up about all the other hard plastics in the cab such as your pillar trims.  

There may be some Nylon or ABS sprinkled in there somewhere but not very much since Nylon is much more expensive and overkill when it comes to strength of the plastics in a truck cab and ABS is too flexible or weak for most of the plastic in the cab.

Clear PC will be used for stuff like the gauge cluster lens, switch light lenses, and other slightly transparent or fully transparent plastics. 

I would get both the paints and use the ABS one on the hard plastics and the PVC one for the soft stuff.  And definitely use an adhesion promoter.