Exhausts?

Don't worry about the thread jack, as any activity is better than none 8) Besides, I was meaning to ask you about the 3800 motor.

Compared to the 4.0L, do you feel a large performance difference? IIRC, the 3800 v6 is lighter, and pumps out more HP at higher RPM's, however, lacks the low end torque the 4.0L has.

I'm a huge f-body fan, and obviously love the comanche too, so taking the v6 from a camaro and putting it in a manche sparked some interest :D

Don't worry about the thread jack, as any activity is better than none 8) Besides, I was meaning to ask you about the 3800 motor.

Compared to the 4.0L, do you feel a large performance difference? IIRC, the 3800 v6 is lighter, and pumps out more HP at higher RPM's, however, lacks the low end torque the 4.0L has.

I'm a huge f-body fan, and obviously love the comanche too, so taking the v6 from a camaro and putting it in a manche sparked some interest :D

It out-performs a stock 4.0 in every aspect but torque. gas mileage, speed, and it's actually pretty good when it comes to crawling up and down hills....I can take my foot off the gas and it keeps pulling without even stuttering but a 4.0 you have to be gentle to get it to do that...

If I had the swap to do again though, I'd just put an ls1 (or lt1 if that was easier to get....) in it. that would be some monster power :D

Ls1 is definitely the better of the two motors, with a much wider power band, and more HP. But you can't beat the lowend torque and sound of an Lt1! :bowdown:

I'm still trying to find a decent 90 iroc-z

lol. I have the ability to buy a 97 firebird with an lt1 that's wrecked and running/driving for less than $700 complete. it's got 56,000 in it. I'm just debaiting what I wanna do about it...I could keep the 2wd I just got and turn it into a fun lil go-getter/drag strip truck, or I could do the same thing but 4wd it and use it as a plow truck/recovery vehicle (I have a real nice meyer plow for my MJ's :D)

Ls1 is definitely the better of the two motors, with a much wider power band, and more HP. But you can't beat the lowend torque and sound of an Lt1! :bowdown:

I'm still trying to find a decent 90 iroc-z

lol. I have the ability to buy a 97 firebird with an lt1 that's wrecked and running/driving for less than $700 complete. it's got 56,000 in it. I'm just debaiting what I wanna do about it...I could keep the 2wd I just got and turn it into a fun lil go-getter/drag strip truck, or I could do the same thing but 4wd it and use it as a plow truck/recovery vehicle (I have a real nice meyer plow for my MJ's :D)

drag strip it! :cheers: (I'm only 19, what did ya expect) You can't forget the comanche's racing heritage, and there are far little nowadays used for anything but offroading and as work trucks.

lol, the car belongs to a buddy of mine who owns a junkyard...I don't think it's going anywhere.

BUT i don't need another project, I have to finish the 89, re-do some of the 3800, completely tare down my dad's 86 renault TD MJ and rebuild it with it's new motor...and then lift my bro's truck.

eesh.

well you could buy it and then seel everything thats good on it. or put that engine into one of your other jeeps :eek:

lol. I've sold the engine out of the one I just picked up. $125 for a 149,000 mile 2.5 that hasn't been driven or run in 3 years. He's picking it up on friday and I'm helping him install it on saturday...he's got a sweet 1986 cherokee that's completely stock, black with chrome trim, all power options, all skid plate options, towing option, tow hooks, 4.10's, sunroof, cruise, power seets, vent wing windows, maroon interior...it's pretty much the sweetest stock xj I've ever seen, and it's from texas so it's in wicked good shape...

so my options are to either get a bigger engine for it (provided I could get the title), or part it out/chop it up. the latter is the plan.

haha, that'd be sweet

no more projects for me lol. I'm not gonna bother gettin the title...cuttin the truck up and partin out what I don't need. gonna keep from the driver's seat back on the body (including rockers and roof) and see how well that would meld onto the back of my longbed parts truck. if it looks viable as a 4 door/2 door extended cab, I will do that...eventually. I may just make a trailer...

now why would you scrap an MJ? whats wrong with you? let it sit in storage for a few years and then you can atleast restore it in a few years.
No title. I'd make an agreement with the guy and keep it for a few years in a barn, and then go to DMV and tell them you saw it for the longest time on the dudes property, bought it cheap off him, and want to get a replacement title. It works under the abandoned vehicle rules in your state's DMV, or at least here in NY, it does...

Back to the muffler - go to partsource, pick up a Cherry Bomb bright red straight through for $30, clamp it directly to the cat and put a little turndown on the other end, sounds amazing, is cheap, don't need any custom pieces or tig welders, just muffler clamps and exhaust cement. 8)

now why would you scrap an MJ? whats wrong with you? let it sit in storage for a few years and then you can atleast restore it in a few years.
No title. I'd make an agreement with the guy and keep it for a few years in a barn, and then go to DMV and tell them you saw it for the longest time on the dudes property, bought it cheap off him, and want to get a replacement title. It works under the abandoned vehicle rules in your state's DMV, or at least here in NY, it does...

yep, no title. I'm scrapping it out. my mind is made, I want a trailer or at least a parts bed. I also want the materiel to make an extended cab comanche...here it is. I'll get some $$$ for the dana 35 rear cause it's 4.10's (yea, turdy-5 but it's still 4.10's), I need the springs for the 89 to lower it down, and the shackles too. then the doors match the 89 in color, so I can use them as my halfdoors (gonna plate the sills with diamond plate and leather instead of welding). sooo yeah.

and I'm gettin ideas for exhaust from here... :D