Epiphany reached!

My truck is mostly unadulterated, and to find something like that, is few and far between around here anyways. So, I have finally decided that when it comes time to repaint it, it will get the original, dark charcoal finish. It also has a tan interior, with a brushed aluminum gauge surround. Yet another, somewhat rare color combo!

Thank ya, I get these traits honestly. My dad (RIP) had a lot of AMC vehicles: Rambler Ambassador Convertible/Eagles/Matador/Pacer, and to this day, my eldest brother still has my dads 53 Hudson Hornet, with the legendary 7x-Twin H powered motor. Plus, my brother from another mother, owns his dearly departed parents 51 Hudson Hornet Coupe as well as his dads, that he originally bought new, 53 Hudson Hornet Convertible. Both of which have the 7x-Twin H motors. He also owns his first ever car that he bought, a 70 AMX Hurst 390, Big Bad Orange! And his daily driver is a Dodge Ram, his daughters both drive Jeep Liberty's, his wife drives a JK. With only two exceptions, his wife has a 69 Mustang <--- virtually non existent (her brother, has it on a spit and totally all apart, for a decade or more) and a 2000 1st year for the Retro Mustang.

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 11:15 AM, RestoringNV said:

Thank ya, I get these traits honestly. My dad (RIP) had a lot of AMC vehicles: Rambler Ambassador Convertible/Eagles/Matador/Pacer, and to this day, my eldest brother still has my dads 53 Hudson Hornet, with the legendary 7x-Twin H powered motor. Plus, my brother from another mother, owns his dearly departed parents 51 Hudson Hornet Coupe as well as his dads, that he originally bought new, 53 Hudson Hornet Convertible. Both of which have the 7x-Twin H motors. He also owns his first ever car that he bought, a 70 AMX Hurst 390, Big Bad Orange! And his daily driver is a Dodge Ram, his daughters both drive Jeep Liberty's, his wife drives a JK. With only two exceptions, his wife has a 69 Mustang <--- virtually non existent (her brother, has it on a spit and totally all apart, for a decade or more) and a 2000 1st year for the Retro Mustang.

Got any pics of the early 50s treasures to share with us?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for long delay on the reply. I was told about, then I checked it out and then I bought a true 'barn find' on November 11th, 2018. If it proves to be a goodie, then my Comanche may be put up for sale. When I was looking for another Jeep, what I truly wanted was, not to be found. I searched for nearly 2 years. Then the Comanche, fell through the cracks and at that time, I decided that I would never find my dream 4wd, so I bought the Comanche.

It will be named 'She's a Lady' in memory of my dearly departed mother.

My mother just loved, Tom Jones. And we as a family unit, once owned a Waggy.

Each Christmas, my thoughts would turn to grieving her, 28 years now.

And on Christmas day 12/25/2018, this video appeared on my Timeline on FB.

I take this event as a sign, Mom was tryin to tell me something!

Video link: 

Now, I am debating on either keeping both or selling my truck and keeping this:FSJ.jpg.35994687da55ce204b75db89a5e2ce89.jpg

79SJ-2.jpg

A fully loaded 79 Cherokee S Chief 'N' vin code, professionally painted with 1974 AMC Renegade Yellow, nearly 6 years ago and then parked in a barn and forgotten. It was purchased by its previous owner in Statesville, NC. The odometer reads 29,515 miles, its new PA title now reads exempt.

It needs the remaining interior assembled and cleaned. It will then undergo a thorough mechanical check, to be road worthy and inspected. 

Original color was either Morocco Bluff or Saxon Yellow, which can be seen on the passenger side kick panel. Not my cup of tea at all. I am very very happy with its current color!

FSJ1.jpg

• 2 months later...

'Me Lady' is finally in its rightful nest! I bought this Gem, in mid November 2018 and had titling issues, until mid week 3/13/19. It now has PA Antique plates and is 'all mine'

It received a color change, during the previous persons ownership. Its current color is a 1974 AMC Jeep Renegade Yellow and WoW is it ever bright! During its last 6+ years, it predominately sat in the underground basement of a Bedford, PA barn. The walls and floor are concrete, as a matter of fact, it looked like a concrete vault :)

Since purchasing it, I have been slowly, but steadily making it road legal and state inspection ready, but now with it being registered as an antique, it will not need to go through that process!

Thus far, I have driven it for about 50 miles. It drove fine, at speeds of 65 mph. A little body roll, but a truly cushy ride. There has been talk that the 360 motor, would be under powered, but with my limited use, it seems to be ample for a man of nearly 59 years of age. 

The only thing that is not stock are its mirrors and of course, its Gladiator Grille. I replaced its stock mirrors with BJ's Off-road billet bases as well as 'parts-store' mid 90's Dodge Ram mirrors. This upgrade is both a very functional upgrade, as well as a great looking upgrade. They almost look like, they belong on it!

So without further ado, here are my most recent photos of 'Shes a Lady'  

LadyStPattysDay1.jpg

LadyStPattysDay2.jpg

LadyStPattysDay3.jpg

2 hours ago, RestoringNV said:

There has been talk that the 360 motor, would be under powered, but with my limited use, it seems to be ample for a man of nearly 59 years of age. 

Don't listen to people who don't have any idea what they're blabbering about. The AMC 360 is a beast of an engine. I had a 1978 full-size Cherokee with the 360. Mine was only the 2-barrel version and I'm sure it would have pulled my house down if I had a rope or strap long enough to go around it.

Your new Lady also has the wide wheel option, which is nice. (The fender flares are the giveaway.)

Yes sir it is!

Built in Toledo, Chief, Wide Track, Quadra-Trac, 109" Wheelbase, 6,800 GVW, V8, 360 CID, 2 Bbl. (but it now has the Edelbrock intake, with a 4 Bbl carb.) With the  sequential production number of: 110,297 w/nearly all of the options. Plus it has an AM/FM/CB radio. And get this, its CB mic is still intact.

Its odometer reads 29k. Although, I am unsure if it is that low mileage, or if it is 129k?

I surely a blessed man, owning her!

quadra.jpg

AM-FM-CB.jpg