Leaf spring bushings

I picked up a set of mj bastard packs last weekend, and I’m going to redo them. I had a set of xj leaf spring bushings that I was supposed to install on my XJ like 5 years ago. Anyway. Does both sets of springs use same size bushings? I’m hoping to use them up instead of buying another ones. 

1 hour ago, MeanLemons said:

So are you saying SB372 won't work? 

I'm saying I don't know.  I was going to order them a while back but saw it crosses to the XJ one, which it shouldn't since I believe they are a different size (certainly they're different OEM part numbers).   I guess I could go measure...

Edit, went to measure and can't tell for sure without pulling a spring out of one of my MJs, which isn't going to happen.  They look like they're close though, so maybe they're the same.

Well.  Good news.

i had some time to go in the garage and look for those bushings that I bought few years ago.

rugged ridge stuff

the bushings on the leaf springs are 2.5” diameter with 3.150” sleeves and those that I had are the same. Yay.

i ll snap a pic shortly. 

Yeah, looks like Moog is calling the same p/n for the MJ and XJ front bushings. Here's the actual size for the MJs:

Front bushing is 2-1/2" O.D. x 3-1/8" O.A.L. x 9/16" bolt size.
Rear shackle bushing is 1-3/4" O.D x 2-3/4" O.A.L. x 9/16" bolt size.

1 hour ago, HOrnbrod said:

Yeah, looks like Moog is calling the same p/n for the MJ and XJ front bushings. Here's the actual size for the MJs:

Front bushing is 2-1/2" O.D. x 3-1/8" O.A.L. x 9/16" bolt size.
Rear shackle bushing is 1-3/4" O.D x 2-3/4" O.A.L. x 9/16" bolt size.

Then XJ and MJ uses same size bushings in front/rear.

6 minutes ago, MeanLemons said:

Then XJ and MJ uses same size bushings in front/rear.

Yes, according to Moog's numbers. But the p/n's for the MJ and XJ fronts are different in the factory manual. Why I don't know. The bushes appear to be the same size. I suspect the Moog bushings will work in either vehicle as they have been marketing these for a long time. If they didn't interchange, they would have fixed it by now.

13 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Yes, according to Moog's numbers. But the p/n's for the MJ and XJ fronts are different in the factory manual. Why I don't know. The bushes appear to be the same size. I suspect the Moog bushings will work in either vehicle as they have been marketing these for a long time. If they didn't interchange, they would have fixed it by now.

Possibly the factory used a softer durometer rubber for the XJ.