Brisket

mjeff87

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there:beerchug:

I put a brisket on the smoker at 0600 this morning (about an hour ago).  Dinner is around 5:30-6:00, depending on when it gets done......c'mon by and get some if yer in the area:L:

image.jpeg

5 hours to hit 170 degrees, it'll probably take another 3-4 to hit 190.  I'll pull it then, wrap it in foil and a beach towel and into a chest cooler for about 2 hours to finish cooking and rest.

image.jpeg

Just a quick FYI for anyone doing brisket.......the whole "wrap it in foil/towel and let it rest in a chest cooler" for a couple hours is the ticket. 

I usually cook them about 3/4 of the way, then wrap in foil and finish cooking it in the smoker.  This time I let it go to 195 unwrapped and then did the wrap/rest thing.  That is now my official cooking method.  It literally melted in my mouth:beerbang:

I can vouch for Jeff's grilling and BBQ skills. I bought my ZJ coils from him several years ago and made the trip to Richmond so he could help me install them and my MT springs and I gave him a hand pulling his engine (to be clear, mostly handing him tools, watching and learning). All the while he had a little Weber Smokey Joe slow cooking a pork butt for hours on end which we had for delicious pulled pork sammies that evening with his wife. A few beers were consumed along the way! :beerchug: