More Info needed

OK i have a few more questions for you guys about my inprogress motor swap.

I am looking for a clutch kit on the cheap if anyone knows a good place to find one. I have seen them for 130 or so but thats the cheapest.

BUT here is my question::: I have heard you can't turn the flywheel on a Jeep because it is concave or something like that? Is this true cause i will need it to be turned when i replace the clutch? Its a 2.5 out of a 91 YJ.

Also My other unanswered questions is will a 4.0 fuel pump (just the pump) bolt on to my assembly in my 2.5 TBI MJ. They are the same part numbers and the 4.0 pump is the same as the 2.5 MPI so i was going to swap it in to my tank.

Last one is Does anyone have a easy and simple to read wiring diagram of the 1987 2.5 TBI MJ from under the hood and dash for the engine controls and all. If you have one that shows location of the wires on the firewall junction block and where they are located and what they run on that block that would be AWESOME since that is my main point of where most changes need to be made. I am having to join the 2.5 MPI one in to my existing system and want to be able to cut and splice what needs to be or even move there location on the junction block.

Thanks guys

Cole

It says right in my FSM for 1994 XJ/YJ's "Flywheel machining is NOT recomended. The Flywheel surface is manufactured with a unique conture that would be negated by machining" I now have problems with my clutch not releasing fully after having it machined. I had it ballanced to so thats not the problem.

I thought i had seen it metioned but i couldnt find the post. But i will admit i dint search long. So do i replace it or call it good and see how it does? Well thats one question down now the other 3....

Cole

I also have a Centerforce stage 1 clutch to so that might be part of the problem with mine. Some people have had them machined and never had a problem but they were probably running cheap after market replacments that don't grip as well as CF hell i don't know its a jeep thing no one knows.

Yeah i have heard both but i have heard of a few that had issues and i don't want issues cause as you can see i am already going over my head in wiring and stuff plus the engine is on the floor of my carport covered up so i want to put a clutch in it before it goes in.

Another question: Now don't forget about the original ?s but I am also wanting to do some sort of power steering upgrade so that my 35s and steering are happier on and off road. Does anyone have any info on this for a MJ??? Again please don't forget about the original ?s I really need them answered first.

Cole

I am also wanting to do some sort of power steering upgrade so that my 35s and steering are happier on and off road. Does anyone have any info on this for a MJ???

Cole

I'll know more on steering stuff in a little bit. I'm thinking about what to do about steering linkage as the 2wd stuff is just weak looking, and the ends need replacement anyways. I've been discussing it with my buddy who runs a offroad shop, he's given me some ideas so far, but we're going to try to narrow it down tho what will be the most beneficial, and strongest for offroad and on road use. It will probably end up being mostly custom built stuff though.

MY main need is going to be a pump upgrade or a lower ratio gear box so it is easier to turn and is a little more powerful. I have seen alot of aftermarket pumps that are like this but i wanted to see if there is any experiance with any particlar setup. I have an idea as far as linkage which i think i am doing the flip trick to put it on top so it lines up better with the trackbar i have. Thanks for the answers so far I guess its a toss up on the flywheel so far.

Cole

Thanks I had found the pumps on Advance auto online bvut the issue is my truck is a 2.5L MPI which has a lower fuel pressure. The listed the same pump for all the way up to 94 on the YJ as they did for a 85-91 MJ but that can't be right. Its confusing but i think i will just pull them both and check them out after that. I will check Napa and see. I have access on to Mitchell on demand but the diagrams arent to good. I would like to have one from a 91 YJ to. The main spot i need is that junction block and what each wire is on it. so i know what needs to be moved and where to if anything. I am hoping the cluster will still work but i need the diagram to see and plus i got to seperate the headlight wiring from the main harness. Hopefully someone will have something to help me out cause i hate going in blind and its worse being wire harness junk.

Cole