PCO6's Expedition Trailer Build

I've been building an off road trailer for what seems to be too long now.   It's an on again off again seasonal project that I've been doing partially outdoors due to lack of adequate garage space.   Nothing "big" gets done in the winter due to the cold.   I also got a bit side tracked with a '95 XJ build and having bought a TJ, LJ, XJ and MJ during the trailer build process - no complaints!   Each one needed work, fortunately nothing major.   

Any way, I'm back at it.   It's been on the road and it tows great.   I hope to camp with it this summer.  Here's what it looks like now.   Rather than try to recreate a thread I have on it on a couple of other forums I've just included a link to it on Expedition Portal Forum.   I've done a lot since the build thread ended ... an update will be coming. 

PCO6's Trailer Build ...

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/pco6s-trailer-build.148123/

17-08-16 4.JPG

The above thread refers to utility trailer I built.   It's great for trips to Home Depot, the garden centre, the dump, etc. ... and of course for hauling Jeep parts home!  I've also been using it for hauling bikes and kayaks and some camping.

2011-04-10 3.JPG

2011-04-10_4.JPG

2016-07-20.JPG

Thanks guys.   I appreciate the comments.

Pete - I'll give that a try.   I may have to open/edit each of my posts in that thread but it sounds like it will work.   We'll know soon!

EDIT:  No luck with copying and pasting from my Expedition Portal thread.   I could copy the text but not the photos (they came through as red "X"'s).

Sorry but I think the best way to see it is click on ...  https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/pco6s-trailer-build.148123/

EP changed its format recently.   After that a lot of strange things popped up.   You'll see things like ... 10&#8221 ... and I have no idea where they came from. 

sigh.  yeah the pics aren't dragging over, even individually.  you'd have to save each one to the desktop and then bring them in one at a time.  :(  the plus side is that then they'd be saved here. :D 

I'd wager that &#8221 stands for ".  when a new character pack comes in, sometimes the old ones don't get converted quite right.  

Thanks Pete.   I have no clue about these things ... but that sounds like a lot of work.   :sad2:

Any way, for anyone that is interested, Expedition Portal is a great forum for many off road, camping, equipment, trailers, fabrication and the outdoors in general.   I spend way too much time there!

Stew

1 hour ago, PCO6 said:

EDIT:  No luck with copying and pasting from my Expedition Portal thread.   I could copy the text but not the photos (they came through as red "X"'s).

Yup, they do. Weird - have not seen that before.

image.jpeg.d1bfc6ed27b6a56361a6b3b77c0dab44.jpeg

https://comancheclub.com/uploads/monthly_2018_04/image.jpeg.d1bfc6ed27b6a56361a6b3b77c0dab44.jpeg

Most excellent fab work too.  :beerchug:

2 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Yup, they do. Weird - have not seen that before.

image.jpeg.d1bfc6ed27b6a56361a6b3b77c0dab44.jpeg

https://comancheclub.com/uploads/monthly_2018_04/image.jpeg.d1bfc6ed27b6a56361a6b3b77c0dab44.jpeg

Most excellent fab work too.  :beerchug:

Thanks Don.   I'm well into the fun stuff now.   I've installed all of the usual trailer electrics and am now on the camper electrics (12V deep cycle battery, power inverter, solar panel and controller) plus the water system.   I scrapped the "kitchen" shown in the pics and made a much lighter table that attaches to the trailer.  I'm installing the propane cylinder and various accessories (shovel, axe, first aid, lantern, etc.).   The lid now tilts to 45* (or more if wanted) via 12V actuators.   I'm currently working on the bike and kayak/canoe racks.  

Always lots to do yet and I'll probably be modifying it with new ideas after every camping trip!