Jeepspeed Class 1700 Question

crumbscomanche

Hi all, random question. Checking out the jeepspeed organization and the class 1700 rules specifically say swb MJs are permitted. Does anyone know if LWB are not allowed in the 1700 class and, if they aren't, why?

Thanks

Here's the verbiage: The Jeepspeed Challenge is for short wheel base Jeeps with 6 Cylinder and 4 cylinder engines produced since 1984, excluding Pentastar DOHC engines and 2018 Wranglers which must run Jeepspeed Class 2700. Vehicles must be stock wheel base +/- 2" not to exceed 110.5". (Grand Cherokee WK 108.5, +/- 2") Short w.b. Comanche pickups will be permitted at stock wheelbase +/- 1" but rear wheel travel will be restricted to 10".Two door Wrangler JK models will be restricted to the 3.8 OHV engine

update if anyone is interested. I spoke with Mike, one of the co-owners of jeepspeed, about this and the organization for awhile the other day. It all comes down to wheelbase and wheel travel.

since the MJs are spring under and are competing with SOA vehicles it supposedly would give comanches an unfair advantage when built to spec. I'm going to be meeting with him in the next couple weeks though to explore class 2700 options for my truck. with any luck I can get involved in the next couple of years! 

I actually had a chance to meet up with Mike at Jeepspeed and it was great. He showed me around the shop and helped me come up with an initial build plan that would get me competitive, which if we do it ourselves would probably range from $12-17k, before an engine and tranny rebuild which I'll be due for shortly. That includes a full cage (engine, cab, and rear), king 3.0s, seats, fuel cell, fiberglass dash/panels, etc. 

The goal would be to compete in either the Parker or Mint series as a first race in 20, about 22 months away. We'll see how this goes!