Full glass from XJ to replace stock square style?

This is kinda hard to explain... so here it goes.

I noticed that a 97+ (not sure what else) has a single piece of glass for its door window. Rather then having the fixed triangle or vent window in the front.

Has anyone seen a write up or attempted such a swap? I ride with the windows down most of the time, and elbow to thumb... the existing open is a little small to get my arm relaxed on the door as I would like. The extra large opening of the 97+ would be a welcome change and give the MJ an overall cleaner appearance.

Thoughts?

The riser mechanisms are different between the two styles of glass, and so are the locations in the door where the riser mechanism attaches. I think I remember quite some while ago that someone in NAXJA reported that they had swapped one-piece glass into the early doors, but after replacing the window moter and mechanism in my wife's 2000 XJ and comparing the door with the earlier XJ/MJ doors, I don't see how it could be done.

On the other hand, although Kejtar is a pal of long standing from NAXJA, I have read his write up on swapping the new styles doors into the old style body and it did not seem to me to be a particularly sound way to approach it.

The window regulators are different for the 2 styles, the newer one won;t bolt up. I am swapping to newer doors. THe only hard thing is finding manual window parts. I am still looking for trim panels as the dealer here wants 300 a side