1JTMW64P7JT208143

Submariner

1988 PIONEER, 2WD, 4.0, 5 SP, SHORT BED, PB,PS, and BLUE.  She is still stock as far as I can tell.  has a bench seat that has been re-upholstered. has a newer(?)  rear bumper from smithybuilt with a tow hitch.

20180308_141321.jpg.08fc66b54b0bc8e2fab3f5dacd782dc5.jpg

She came home with me on a dolly and the hood was tied down.  There is "NO Rust" on her anywhere but she has a few dents here and there.  Maybe 207K on the odometer but the cable was broke so I don't know for sure.  She was last registered in 2013,  I got it 3 weeks ago and I have been tinkering on her since. I have replaced the old coolant system with an open pressure system and all the new parts from radiator to water pump, thermostat and housing,  and hoses.  A compete tune-up to include a new distributor.  New fuses everywhere cause of corrosion.  At this time she is running and has made contributions back to the family by making a dump run.  She was bought to serve for utilitarian purposes to appease the wife.

Plans for her, I am thinking of getting a donor Cherokee and transplant a 4wd into her.  rebuild the engine with a few upgrades nothing exotic,  do a short 3" lift and run 32" tires on her.  change the gear ratios out to 3.54 and put a dana 44 in the rear.  a solid bumper up front with an 8000lb winch.  Slip in bucket seats and put in a headliner that she does not have now.   put in a stereo that she does not have. and the list will continue from there.

She will be residing in Western Washington for a while and being use for many purposes, fishing trips, hauling trash, going to the forest, hauling firewood,  and just as a back up for the TJ for a while.  Yes, I did bring home with a TJ.

20180308_141332.jpg

20180308_141405.jpg

20180308_141345.jpg

20180308_141311.jpg

• 1 year later...

in the year that I ahve had her, a few things have change.   put in bucket seats,  Replace the rear axle with one that has 3.55 gears instead of 3.07. place a dana 30 in front, still waiting to do the transmission/transfercase,  added a lift, and put 31" tires w/offset rims.  put a better rear bumper on her and have '98' fenders, front panel, grill, and doors standing in wings waiting to go one.  

She stills need to have her motor tinkered with but right now she is working.

Comanche.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

here is the donor vehicle to make her a prettier truck.   this came home with a cracked block and head. and it only cost me $650.  It had a set of good tires and a bad engine.   I will figure out what to do with the rest of it.

98jeep.jpg

• 1 year later...

body: tm61

*X1   -Q8   AGJ Driver Assistance Group
APA Monotone Paint CBA Straight Back Bench Seat CGX RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating
CKA Carpets - Floor and Cargo Area DDJ DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE ERB 4.0L I6 MPI Engine
GAC Tinted Glass Windows GFD Rear Sliding Window GSC Right Black Mirror
JAY DO NOT USE - See JP, KA classes JGB Digital Clock JHA Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JJA Cigar Lighter K60 STRIPE/BADGE/MOLDING LAP Shift Indicator Warning Lamp
LMA Halogen Headlamps MBJ Black Front Bumper MDA Front License Plate Bracket
NAE California Emissions PB3 Intense Blue Pearl Coat QB3  
RAB AM/FM Radio SBA Power Steering SCE Wrapped Steering Wheel
TBG Compact Spare Tire WJD 15X7.0 Styled Steel Wheels 3LX DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

I still have it and have been driving it for a while now.  still 2wd but I got everything to transition it to a 4wd.  I also will be doing some of the Cruiser54 things to her to help out as well as swap doors, fenders and grill from a 01.   as well as fix the damn oil leak from the rear main seal.

I have swaped axles to improve gear ratio to 3.54 instead of the 3.07  still the stock axles nothing better. 

• 8 months later...