Yup a silly shackle thread

Ok so I have searched but haven't gotten solid answers. I just want to have the rear and inch or 2 higher so when I do the front it's level. From experience has anyone done the chevy lowering shackle swap and had adverse effects to handling or pinion angle etc. Truck is not really gonna be a wheeler mainly for looks and mild trails. I put some jk wheels and tires on so I just need a to lift a tad to remove rubbing. Just don't want to waste time and money. If she will drive down the road and do some light wheeling I'll be happy. Thanks

17 hours ago, Cmorris24 said:

Ok so I have searched but haven't gotten solid answers. I just want to have the rear and inch or 2 higher so when I do the front it's level. From experience has anyone done the chevy lowering shackle swap and had adverse effects to handling or pinion angle etc. Truck is not really gonna be a wheeler mainly for looks and mild trails. I put some jk wheels and tires on so I just need a to lift a tad to remove rubbing. Just don't want to waste time and money. If she will drive down the road and do some light wheeling I'll be happy. Thanks

Assume you used adapters for the JK wheels that pushed the tires out into the fender?

Assume you still have your original 30+ year old sagged-out rear leaf springs too? The "chevy lowering shackle swap" is a cheap temporary band-aid attempt to restore OEM ride height. To do it right, replace the tired rear springs and it'll jack it up an inch or three. Then use fresh coils and spacers up front to level it up.

No springs aren't saggy the front sits to low just want the year to match the front when I lift it. I don't need much. Truck was babied, only 100,000 miles too so. But anyhow seems I just gotta order leaves or do a bastard pack because shackles are a no no correct?

Getting an inch or so out of shackles isn't a big deal.  And if you only need that much it is the easiest thing to do.

Personally I'd probably add a leaf from a S10 (or similar) though because I find the stock MJ springs are a little softer than ideal.

Where is it actually rubbing?  You never answered, but I'm assuming it's the rear lower part of the front fender?  You might be able to fix that somewhat with adjustable control arms or shims.