Manual pedal assembly for XJ

Jeep Driver

What is the difference between the two, i have 1 for sure and will not use since I'm soon to be rid of all my xjs. I did not realize they are different and I have a pile of pedal assemblies. I figure maybe 97 and up but didnt know otherwise. If you can post a pic and I can verify its yours for cost of shipping.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:44 PM, saveevryjp1998 said:

What is the difference between the two, i have 1 for sure and will not use since I'm soon to be rid of all my xjs. I did not realize they are different and I have a pile of pedal assemblies. I figure maybe 97 and up but didnt know otherwise. If you can post a pic and I can verify its yours for cost of shipping.

I don't' have a pic of an early assembly and I don't know if the 97 up is different. 

Pedals are moved to the left of the accelerator pedal on the XJ vs the MJ.

I thought you could use renix mj/xj or h.o. mj/xj as long as you kept the entire assembly of either or. If i remember one has a bracket assembly with a seperate accelerator cable and the other all 3 r together in one unit. I thought the 3 pedal assembly was renix. Its been a good 3 years or more since I pulled one. I have pulled manual ax15s since then but have been leaving the assemblies since I know I have 3 or 4 already plus whats in my mjs. As I just said that a loud duh. I will look at my 86 mj and my 92 mj and look for any changes and at least I can verify that much.

The pedal assemblies and mounting brackets for the 91 and up MJs and XJs are identical. - same part numbers

The pedal assemblies and mounting brackets for the 90 MJs and XJs and below are completely different then the 91 and up.

Don't know about the spacing between the two.

Maybe you just need the 91 and up bracketry and pedals? Just a thought....

I have the 88 assembly in my 91.... bolts up and everything... might be different but bolt the same.

The picture above is in an 88. I took my bracket and pedal from my other 88 and bolted in my 91.
My 91 assembly is currently in the 86 i just bought. Bolts right up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. 

I had a lead on one locally, contacted seller..........bla bla bla....when I get around to it I'll contact you blllalalblalblagblabl ........one of my few CL BS encounters. 

It was a '98. That's really what I want. 

Only reason I was a little anxious is that I want to install my new steering column but I need to do the pedal assembly first, not after. 

I'm patient, one will come around. 

17 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

I still don't know what we were trying to figure out...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

More room at the accelerator pedal. Clutch and brake moved left AWAY from the accelerator pedal. More room for the fun pedal.