Control Arm Decision Advice

Almost done rebuilding my front axle and looking into control arms. On the fence with the Tier 2 Core 4x4 arms or long arms. I'm running on 4 inches of lift with minimal off roading. Hunting trails mostly. I havent found much in the way of long arms for the comanche and even less for an NP242. Guess theres something different with the transfercase. Anyway shoot me some suggestions. 

the 242 is a great t-case.  theoretically it's just a bit weaker than a 231 but give you the option of all-wheel-drive for street use.  :brows:   what all are you looking to do to it?

short arms will work fine for a 4" lift.  :thumbsup:   almost any XJ long arm lift will work on an MJ with a bit of work (mostly hacking off the lower control arm mounts).

edited because I hit send before finishing my thoughts.  
Lol nice. Yeah I'm prob just going to go with shorts. NP242 is perfect for Alaska with the full time option. It's rebuilt with a new chain and I might step up to 33s one day so it won't get beat up much.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Elmendorf?
Born and raised in Anchorage. Going back eventually after the military. Just got my retirement date yesterday so I'll be done in 39 days. After that I have to wait for thr wife to retire and off we go.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, SBpunk said:

Born and raised in Anchorage. Going back eventually after the military. Just got my retirement date yesterday so I'll be done in 39 days. After that I have to wait for thr wife to retire and off we go.

Excellent, and congratulations. Then you can buy your groceries at Elmendorf. :beerchug:

I always recommend long arms over ~3” of lift if they’re in the budget. They’re so much smoother on and offroad. Most any Cherokee long arms will fit a Comanche. The front ends are the same, and the biggest issue is the brace on the side of Comanche frame rails right where the crossmember mounts. Cherokees don’t have these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up grabbing CavFab short arms. Deal was pretty good with them being on sale. Under 300 shipped and aside from their shipping times the reputation is good. Plus it gives me money to put aside for shocks here soon. 

Ended up grabbing CavFab short arms. Deal was pretty good with them being on sale. Under 300 shipped and aside from their shipping times the reputation is good. Plus it gives me money to put aside for shocks here soon. 

Great products, bad company. I have their long arms and steering on my Cherokee, but they have made a lot of empty promises and it’s been almost a year with no following through.

6 hours ago, SatiricalHen said:

Great products, bad company. I have their long arms and steering on my Cherokee, but they have made a lot of empty promises and it’s been almost a year with no following through.

Yeah they said 7 days for shipping but I'll believe it when I see it.