SWB rear sway bar

I saw the write up for the SWB by Jeep Driver, but it says empty post in the first post and the closest other thing I can find is HOrnbrod’s LWB write up. Has anyone diyed a rear sway bar on a SWB and has pictures or details? Trying to make the Comanche handle better on the road since I have my Cherokee to beat offroad. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful. I tried the Addco kit made the Comanche downright dangerous. Had way too much rear wheel lift Not well engineered really wouldn't recommend it. It was way too stiff. Had the Addco on the front that works fine. If you go DIY don't get too stiff a bar you don't need rear wheel steering !!

If I remember correctly it came off a 2000 Blazer

The axle mounts are bolt on I welded nuts to the back of mine and then welded the brackets to the axle tube

My original links came from a WJ after I went higher I went to adjustables off a 350 Ford

Like anything else just be creative and piece it together

My truck will never be a rock crawler I don't care about that much about articulation if your truck is driven primarily on Road off road you'll be fine and yes it does handle better much better

15 hours ago, Limeyjeeper said:

Be careful. I tried the Addco kit made the Comanche downright dangerous. Had way too much rear wheel lift Not well engineered really wouldn't recommend it. It was way too stiff. Had the Addco on the front that works fine. If you go DIY don't get too stiff a bar you don't need rear wheel steering !!

Good advice. I tried several bars before I found the perfect one. The ADDCO kit for the SWB is terribly designed, and mounts the bar on the upper shock mounts using "L" brackets.   :crazy:   It should be mounted solidly on the frame.

ADDCO469.jpg.ae9fe956fb2eced29553cffb8d4f387a.jpg

EDIT: Jeep Driver should restore his pics back to his original thread if possible - it's the one I went by when I did my LWB rear bar. Good design for the SWB....

If I remember correctly it came off a 2000 Blazer
The axle mounts are bolt on I welded nuts to the back of mine and then welded the brackets to the axle tube
My original links came from a WJ after I went higher I went to adjustables off a 350 Ford
Like anything else just be creative and piece it together
My truck will never be a rock crawler I don't care about that much about articulation if your truck is driven primarily on Road off road you'll be fine and yes it does handle better much better

I actually plan to lower the truck and don’t plan to ever really take it offroad besides a possible gravel or dirt road here or there. Do those links go between the leafs or would they hit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk