Barn Find project 89 MJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 7:10 PM, VArayMJ said:

I decided to run an E2000 external fuel pump that intended for a f150 with a 5.0. Have any of you'll ran this fuel pump?

Did you go with this pump? Where did you mount it?

2 hours ago, VArayMJ said:

You would suggest an 8.25 out of a jeep liberty instead of a jeep Cherokee?

either one will be good (assuming 97+ XJ), but the KJ Liberty gives you disks right off the bat and is a bit wider so the flare coverage of the tires looks more like the fronts.  Ths XJ will have fewer things to lop off though and you can easily convert to disks using KJ or ZJ parts.  

On 5/6/2018 at 1:39 PM, HOrnbrod said:

Did you go with this pump? Where did you mount it?

Yes I went with the E2000. I mounted it where my original fuel filter was underneath the Cab. I was told I didn't need to run a fuel filter with the E2000. 

On 5/6/2018 at 2:36 PM, Pete M said:

either one will be good (assuming 97+ XJ), but the KJ Liberty gives you disks right off the bat and is a bit wider so the flare coverage of the tires looks more like the fronts.  Ths XJ will have fewer things to lop off though and you can easily convert to disks using KJ or ZJ parts.  

Thanks for the information Pete. I'm going to be on the lookout for a KJ during my next junkyard scavenger hunt. 

21 minutes ago, VArayMJ said:

Yes I went with the E2000. I mounted it where my original fuel filter was underneath the Cab. I was told I didn't need to run a fuel filter with the E2000.

Thanks. Is it real lound mounted there?

And unless this pump comes with a built in filter, you do need a filter on the inlet side. Even it there's one inside the tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Some updates on the Comanche build.... I am in the process of my SOA conversion but currently I am waiting for new bushings and center pins for my leaf springs. Once I have my leaf springs ready to go I am going to figure out where exactly to weld my shock mounts to my axle.

The interior is coming along. I removed the bench seat and completely gutted the moldy carpet to uncover an almost perfect floor. The bench seat is reinstalled and my ignition problem is now fixed. I had to replace my ignition switch box which was a much bigger job than I had anticipated. While I had the dash tore apart, my shop assistant (my girlfriend), decided to detail and clean the gauges. Now when you sit in the cab it feels like you are back in 1989. 

Next upgrade to the interior is installing my new steering wheel.

IMG_1165.JPG

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased a parts Comanche that might actually be better than my current Comanche.

It’s a 1990 Eliminator 4wd. 1 owner with 142k. Does anyone have information about the 1990 Eliminator and what sets it apart from a base model? 

B7DB8236-21A6-4082-89A5-434107C37231.jpeg

9B944540-E032-48E8-94E2-51D702E45DB4.jpeg