Looking for a Mj's bench seat

marco

I know of one sitting in a junk yard that is close to me. It’s black pleather it’s got a few small cuts in it on the passenger side front corner. Other then that it’s perfect with decent foam support. The truck has 110,000 on it. I know this because I got the speedo out of it. Question is do you want the entire thing shipped to Italy? That could get pricey.

I’m in Palmdale CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, jeeppapa said:

I know of one sitting in a junk yard that is close to me. It’s black pleather it’s got a few small cuts in it on the passenger side front corner. Other then that it’s perfect with decent foam support. The truck has 110,000 on it. I know this because I got the speedo out of it. Question is do you want the entire thing shipped to Italy? That could get pricey.

i need only the bench not the entire truck. Do you have a photo (or you can take some photos) that i can see the condition?

or can I contact someone for more details?

here in italy is impossible to find any pieces of mj's...

1 hour ago, jeeppapa said:

I realize you just need the seat so I’m assuming need the entire seat shipped to Italy? Do you need the seat brackets that bolt it to the floor pan?

yeah... i need everything :)

26 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

OP, your best bet would be to find a bench seat you like HERE then contacting them about shipping to Italy. Some of these places do offer container shipping outside the US.

ok, thank you.

are you restoring back to original specs?  or is it more of a resto-mod where improvements can be made?  I ask because there are far more comfortable seats out there to use. (a common one is the late 90s Dodge Dakota split bench)

• 2 weeks later...

I told him he could have mine to help him out since shipping was going to be expensive. Shipping looked like it was going to be $1500 minimum everywhere I looked. Think of what a flight ticket costs anywhere U.S. to Rome, Italy. I cannot tell if this guy is just playing games or if he is that clueless on what roughly a 3'+wide, 2'+tall, 2'+deep seat shipping half way around the world would cost. 

I sent you a pm. I still want to help you out. You will however need to provide much more info to me or any one else trying to help:

Does it need crated?

If so how? 

Does it need to be able to unscrew come apart/back for customs?

It makes no sense to weigh and dimension a bare seat unless you are planning on shipping a bare seat halfway around the world. Even still something that size will need exact info on pick up drop off. It makes a huge difference in cost whether a lift gate is needed or dock, if its going to a residence, business, or direct dock pickup/dropoff from carrier/carriers. This individual needs to do their legwork or at least provide the info and answers to these questions minimal before anyone who is willing to give up their free time to do the crating possibly and dealing with shipment could begin to help him. Again after looking into it for this individual and spending the time, I offered a near mint black plaid bench seat to the guy for free to help a member out who is halfway around the world, after getting a rough idea on shipping just the seat no crate. He wants pics however I have not been able to figure out how to post pics on the forum. I cannot send pics internationally for some reason on my phone. I tried with the number he gave me through a pm, however I do not know if its the number or my phone since I've never tried to send a pic to an international #. Even so pics or no pics.  Whether its my seat, comes from a junkyard, or someone else's he still needs to provide the proper info to the individual trying to get him a seat.

Something else I just thought of. It may help to cut down on shipping costs by disassembling the brackets/hardware. As well as strapping/ folding seat down to save on space. The hardware may be cheaper to send separate or fixed in a safe location in void of strapped/folded seat. However still need to know what they want and how it needs to be boxed or crated in any and shapes forms from hardware brackets to seat.