Manual to Auto any advice?

Picking up a 94 aw4 that I'll rebuild on a bench. Going to swap it with my ax15 and wanted to hear any tips or advice. I have a 4.0 1993 wiring harness for under the hood. I have to look up the other parts like the TCU.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

The 94 AW4 uses TCU p/n 56026769. This TCU can be found in 92-96 XJ/MJ models with the AW4.
Going to raid the local pull apart in okc when it warms up a bit. They're behind the lower dash piece if I remember correctly. Think the aw4 has a separate harness. Least I hope so and don't need an entire new dash harness/fuse block.

Why ditch the AX15? many would kill for one... litteraly..
Broken shoulder. Feels like someone is driving a chisel into my collar bone every time I shift.

Either way doesn't matter was a 1990 transmission. 50 bucks down the drain oh well.

The AW4 is a separate harness on the HOs and plugs into the engine harness at the transmission tunnel. The manual and auto engine harnesses are different too. Also the 91 and 92 engine harnesses use different firewall connectors.

The AW4 is a separate harness on the HOs and plugs into the engine harness at the transmission tunnel. The manual and auto engine harnesses are different too. Also the 91 and 92 engine harnesses use different firewall connectors.
Yup that's why it was a waste. Enough renix motors out there for me to get the 50$ back though.