Close Calls and other fun stories

akamcbird

this accidentally started here http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5653

changing lains into rutts is bad almost flipped my minivan proly 35-40mph no 360 just 180 to the right, 180 to the left, 180 to the right..then i lost count.. only two narrow lains and power poles running down both sides (i was hoping it would just tip so i didnt hit one of the poles or suport lines)but i guess the weight of about $12000 in tools kept it upright. got it off the street and just about pissed myself, the guy i was fallowing said from his rear vew he thaught it should have flipped

Oh I've had so many close calls it's hard remember, (260,000 miles).

I do remember one during a Blizzard I think it was 1994? anyhow I was driving back to Manhattan from PA, on RT 80.

Visibility was VERY POOR. So bad that even a big Highway plow truck had actualy driven off the road and gotten stuck.

Anyhow musta been about a good foot of snow covering the road, and me being young and stupid. ;)

I was tooling along at about 40-45mph, when all of the sudden there is this Fullsize custom Van just stopped, sitting there with his hazards on. ( I geuss since he couldn't see the road he didn't know if he was in a lane or on the sholder), and to be honest I wasn't even sure If I was either.

Anyhow I had just enough time to throw the steering wheel hard left. Missed him by inches and proceeded to slide back and forth, (don't ask me why I didn't spin into a 360), clear off the road and down a 20-30 foot embankment. Luckily I didn't roll it, (don't ask me how!?)

I couldn't make it back up the embankment though, so I had to drive along in the center median for awhile before I could get back up onto the highway.

Once I got back on the interstate, I drove a little slower.

Hehe, Then there was the othertime I sunk my YJ in a river.

but that realy wasn't a close call, that was more of a wipe out, and stupidity. Jeep ended up being Ok, once we got an old Farmall tractor to pull it out. I made the mistake of not flushing out the transmission/transfercase and rears.

So the water that entered them eventualy caused me to blow the rear, and transmission.

Oh well live and learn,,,,

or more aptly put

Play and Pay!

jamminz.gif

yeah...going to fast for conditions taking a buddy home after school, hit a patch of ice, did a 360 and just missed a house. and my truck was only done for about 2 months

a side note: akamcbird, i was reading your list of vehicle you have. do you happen to have any pics of that eagle with a 10 inch lift. sounds like it looks pretty crazy.