looking at a comanche...

mj-645

with as solid as it looks and being a pennsylvania truck...my honest thought is it could be 2500?

i was fortunate when i got mine...was listed for $2200...stock w/no rust, a/c, p/s, p/b etc...bought it for $1500... :D

if you can do what dirty said but email him so if you fall short you can still contact him to possibly make a deal...money always talks to some people

could...what i would do it when you put in your max bid...make it a little less than what you have to spend and just ride it out...he has the option to not sell if the reserve is not met but some people will do it reguardless just to get rid of it

mj-645 - If you are close to where the MJ sits, take a ride over and check it out, one of the bad things for e-bay, to far away to check the vehical out sometimes.

To be honest, that auction will end early with the buy it now price, the price of the MJ's are going up. The condition of that MJ, with the new parts and the new paint job, it will re-sell for more that the buy it now price.

The milage is a little high, so check out the blow-by.

I lafted about the gas tank O-ring, the guy could have installed it by the time he explained the problem :roll:

If you really want a good looking MJ, with the drive train set up it has, then bite the bullet and use the buy it now, cause it won't last the week.

I've brought up 2 MJ's from that area, and the rust was minimal.

If the guy has if for sale local, you could take a ride, look at it, and make him an offer on the spot, and save a couple of $$ and drive it home :D

Don't wait too long on that, if you want it. I know some people that paid more that the buy it now price for there MJ's. I just seen a guy pay 1600 for a rusted MJ up here. It will not last the week.

Just to give you an Idea on what the prices are going, check this site out-

http://jeep.autoextra.com/model/comanche

Good Luck :D

That comanche is less then an hour away from me. but it looks like its gonna go for too much. we will see

This one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-JEE ... dZViewItem

Is around 120 miles away. So it'll be a hike. its in worse condition as you can see but it will probably go cheaper then the other. But the distance is kinda far.

Your link is broken :eek:

That second one is in alot worst shape, bad box/body rust.

Good news, has about 1/2 the milage, but could be in worst shape. That will go for alot less, but expect alot of work to be done on that one.

And if you need some of the interior parts, I'll be pulling a Burgundy interior out of a '86X ;) That will get rid of the stick holding up the head liner ;)

Yea, that one will bring 300-500 at auction end, but then expect alot of $$ back in to it, plus the body work and paint.

I Think the first one you mentioned does look better then the second one.

However I would NEVER buy a vehicle off of Ebay without looking at it first.

Jeep Comanches have issues with "RUST". It starts out in wierd spots in the floor and frame. This mostly depends on if it see's salted roads in the winter, how much four wheeling through the mud it's done, and weather the former owner tried to keep the undercarage clean.

My MJ had the floor pans rotted clear through in spots, (see my 1987 MJ in the projects forum). And I've got some rust issues with the rear frame.

Mine wasn't so bad that it couldn't be repaired, but repaired is in progress.

Further I traded an old YJ for it so I didn't spend alot of money.

When looking at a MJ for rust out, check from underneath, the floorpans, and check the frame back where the shock mounts are.

I wouldn't worry too much about any rust in the doors or fenders as those are easy to just replace.

As always becarefull on Ebay, check a sellers feedback,(actualy read comments), and contact the seller before bidding.

Even ask just a simple question, just to see what type of personality your dealing with.

Good luck with your search.