Roller Coasters

pingpong

Yesterday I went to Busch Gardens Willaimsburg VA to have some quality with the inlaws and wifey. Well I am a rollercoaster junky, I only go to amusement parks when they put in new coasters :brows: Well Busch hasn't put a new ride in since 99 (apollo's Charriot 210' drop a few loops, pretty cool I thought) Well yesterday I rode the Griffon

The Griffon is a floorless dive coaster :nuts: and just plain awesome. I am not sure how far the first drop is, but it is taller then apollo's charriot, and striaght down 90* jamminz.gif then they have some smaller verts like that, and a few corkscrews. This thing waas pure adrenaline rush... I have done drugs :chillin: that havent given me such a powerful rush.

After I rode that I rode Alpinegiest (inverted floorless coaster) in the front car... and it seemed lame, and almost a dipappointment. So If you all come here, you must ride the Griffon after you ride all the other coasters in the park, otherwise you will be disappointed in the rest of your day ;)

did you ride that one 3d themed coaster with the vampires and werewolves? I liked that ride the best in the park when I went 2 years ago, I can't remember any of their coasters really standing out though.

Yeah we did all the inside rides too :D it was blazing hot yesterday. Can you believe they sell beer there now.. and you can walk around with them image_209027.gif but a 5 bucks a crack... I was sitting down and enjoying everyone of mine :brows:

beer there....where? The only place that used to sell it was the Oktoberfest place, and they wouldn't let you walk away with it.....

Griffon is on my list, hopefully the wife and I can take a day this summer and get down there. Alpengeist gave me the biggest headache I ever had. I won't ride it again. The Loch Ness was the first "big" coaster I ever rode (I'm dating myself a bit here :D ), and I almost had to be drug onto it kicking and screaming. After the first ride, that's all I rode the rest of the day.

Jeff

and oh, BTW..... :needpics:

Didnt take any pics while there.. to me its no real big deal except the coasters :D I was kinda freaked out about the beer as well... they have them in aluminum bottles as well as plastic, available at most drink stands... but at 5 bucks a pop.. I am sitting down to enjoy it. Also they have restricted smoking since the last time I was there, which I think is great, except my wife and inlaws both smoke, which meant I had to stand in the sun with them :eek:

Alpinegiest is an awesome coaster, but Griffon has it beat. Only one loop/invert on alpinegiest even came close to the rush of one of the small drops on Griffon :brows:

Awesome. I've heard about Griffon, and watching those video makes me wish I could ride it. I'm a total coaster junky, when I lived on the east coast, my wife's fam was in Tampa, so I had an excuse to go to that Busch Gardens all the time. I was living in Atlanta, but unfortunately that Six Flags was a complete dive while I was there (they had just built a Batman coaster and repainted an older one to be the Riddler, they had 2 cool wooden ones, but that was it). Then, as soon as I move away, that park suddenly goes on a building spree, and from what I here now has lots of cool coasters.

One bummer about being up in the PacNW is no great coasters are nearby. There's a good wooden one in Idaho that's a 6 hour drive, and the rest are down in SoCal. I'm taking a trip to LA in a month, and will finally get to go to that Six Flags and have my coaster fix.

I'm still trying to talk the wife into a weekend at Cedar Point in OH. That place is supposedly the coaster mecca.

I'm still trying to talk the wife into a weekend at Cedar Point in OH. That place is supposedly the coaster mecca.

Went there a couple times when we lived up in PA. Decent park, excellent coasters, but the big problem is the lines. On a good day, waits are upwards of an hour......you end up spending all day waiting in lines, and only get four or five rides in total.

Maybe it's changed since I was there, but to me it was too much money for not enough fun. If I ever went back, I'd definately plan on going off-peak/season.

Jeff