Picture Hosting

Tex06

Is there any reason why we don't host pictures on the forum?  I've found the little dance I end up doing (write-up on laptop, post, log-in with tapatalk on phone, install pics into thread with phone, refresh with laptop and organize pictures accordingly) fun but it would be much easier to upload straight from the PC.

Thanks!

in no particular order; money, workload, responsibilities.  this is a hobbyist's site run by hobbyists and I try to keep things as simple as possible.  one of the unfortunate side effects is everyone needs to host their own pics.  :( 

There are plenty of hosts that you don't need to use your phone to get at. I'd avoid photobucket.com, which is what most people seem to use here (couldn't say why, it's an episode in frustration any dime I deal with it) but imgur.com works great, and there's a ton of others, just google "image hosting". Facebook even works, although you need privacy set to completely public, and they like to change their URL's every so often which is frustrating. A lot of my posts end up somewhere else too, and I can borrow the photos back from there.

Also, Pete, where did the how-to for posting pictures go? I can't find it, and when I clicked a link I was told I didn't have permission (could be a mobile issue) to view it. Also missing for a while was my "how to make posts look awesome" thread, but I mostly just wanted to not have all that work go down the tube. The two used to be pinned in the "testing" forum. :dunno:

Also, Pete, where did the how-to for posting pictures go? I can't find it, and when I clicked a link I was told I didn't have permission (could be a mobile issue) to view it. Also missing for a while was my "how to make posts look awesome" thread, but I mostly just wanted to not have all that work go down the tube. The two used to be pinned in the "testing" forum. :dunno:

no clue what happened but I've restored it back to the test forum.  :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...