Ok, I managed to get my hands on some suitable replacement for the vacuum line in the first picture.  It connects in the engine bay to the vacuum solenoid in the second picture.  Where the heck does it go in the cab?  I've got the dash apart, I had assumed (incorrectly) that it attached to the A/C controls but can't find the other end of that sucker anywhere.  Any ideas? (Pictures greatly appreciated!!!)

5ec915411d316b560851046da934eb6f.jpg

8f4f0e8a5080a1c839af6dadf04ed8fd.jpg
8a0c3ec1b070b2a5ba5a6e1b67ea4656.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That's the vacuum hose to the heater water control valve. It goes to a vacuum harness under the dash eventually ending up on the HVAC temp control port. Most everyone with 91 and up models has plugged off that vacuum hose in the engine bay, removed the water control valve, and replaced the heater hoses with 97 and up heater hoses. The factory abandoned this valve in 1997, and you really don't need it.

That's the vacuum hose to the heater water control valve. It goes to a vacuum harness under the dash eventually ending up on the HVAC temp control port. Most everyone with 91 and up models has plugged off that vacuum hose in the engine bay, removed the water control valve, and replaced the heater hoses with 97 and up heater hoses. The factory abandoned this valve in 1997, and you really don't need it.

So it's supposed to be connected to the back of the temp slider thingy?  I like the idea of the 97+ hose upgrade (even though I already spent $7 on tubing, lol) but want to make sure to plug this off to prevent vacuum leaks.  The vacuum hose is so shot that anytime I touch it it just crumbles so plugging it in the engine bay isn't an option.

Edit: Guess I should also mention that I didn't see it in the place I just referenced.  I'll take a pic tomorrow in the daylight, but the back of the A/C control panel looks to be purely electronic, no vacuum.

Re-Edit:  If anyone has pictures that would be awesome! 

Not to hijack the thread, but how many hours per day do you spend cleaning your engine bay, Don? Now I'm ashamed to open my hood.

That pic is about eight years old Fred. It looks much better now.  :yes:

#7 is the HVAC vacuum harness.........

0000192Z.jpg