Help diagnose: whining noise at speed (video)

Hey guys,  whenever I get above maybe 10-15mph, I start hearing these very annoying whining sounds in the cab of my truck. It doesn't occur at idle or low speeds. Whining is the only word I can think of to describe it. Haven't been able to pinpoint where it is coming from, any ideas?

Stereo is off.

YouTube video:

Ok I'll try that out and report back later with the results.

It's a gradual increase, as I accelerate it starts to get louder and louder, then as I decelerate it slowly dies down. Yes it does seem to change with speed, but sometimes it dies down a little even while I'm maintaining the same speed.

I'd try jacking up the rear end and place jack stands under the axle, chock the front wheels, start the engine and put it in Drive, and slowly get the rear wheels turning up to 20MPH or so. If no whine you can eliminate the driveshaft, AW4, and rear diff and start looking for things up front like a wheel bearing, etc.

Sounds like light bar noise at speed...

Wow I had no clue this was a thing but I think this is the problem. I stuck my hand out the window while driving and the light bar was loose enough to move up and down and little. It changed the sound as I moved it and if I held my hand behind the fins it stopped :o

I'll look into this some more but I think we may have a winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like light bar noise at speed...

Wow I had no clue this was a thing but I think this is the problem. I stuck my hand out the window while driving and the light bar was loose enough to move up and down and little. It changed the sound as I moved it and if I held my hand behind the fins it stopped :o

I'll look into this some more but I think we may have a winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I thought it was my Ax15 trans, because it's been whining lately, then read up on light bar noises and fixes, haven't fixed the issue but it'll stay until I get annoyed by it

That's what my whining sounds like that I keep thinking is the death knoll of my BA 10/5, not quite as loud though. But I have no lightbar to save the day for me. I've heard of the whistling but never heard d it until now, wow, that's pretty dramatic.

Maybe I'll take a closer look at that JK bumper I modded on, and my intake pipe .... Maybe I just have a sympathetic bumper or intake whistle.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk