Jimmy's 95 YJ

Welp the addiction got to me again. my whole life I've always wanted a jeep wrangler, and always loved the YJ's. I finally got my wish. A friend from high school texted me and asked if i knew anyone interested in her old jeep. 95 wrangler, 4cyl, auto, rusty and the trans is shot. $700. Since I'm stationed in japan for another 9 months I called my mom and her go get it for me. Needs alot of love but its going to be a fun build. i want to keep the 2.5L. I also want to swap it to a 5 speed but i think the wife is going to steal it from me so probably going to be stuck with an auto until i can convince her otherwise which may be a while. Radio has been stolen but has $600 worth of new wheels and tires on it so i don't think I'm off to a bad start.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

id like to get a hard top and a set of half doors. A friend of mine happened to have the leaf spring i needed and said i could have it to get me on the road in the short term. I need to do more research on the trans. i found a couple but one is out of a 2001 tj so idk if it will work. Ill be in the states for a month on leave here in about 2 weeks. should have it on the road after a days worth of work if i have all the right parts waiting for me when i get there. I can't wait.

• 1 month later...