NAXJA poops.

feerocknok

Forum Supporter

We here at are pleased to announce the Forum Supporter status on our forums. Starting on Monday July 1, 2007 any forum user may decide to help support 's forum by becoming a Forum Supporter.

A Forum Supporter will not be a full-fledged member of , simply a supporter of the online community. However, Forum Supporters will receive a few additional benefits that Registered Guests do not.

The benefits of a Forum Supporter will include:

Green Username Displayed

PM Box that can store up to 250 messages

Custom Signatures (within current guidelines)

Custom Avatar

The ability to post in the following forums:

Classified Forums

Non-Tech / Off Topic Forum

Jeep Pictures Showcase

Advanced Fabrication and Engineering

Adventure Forum

The current cost of the Forum Supporter status will be $17.50 (or half of the current full Membership). This status will be renewable on an annual basis.

Starting on July 1, 2007 anyone interested in becoming a forum supporter may go to your 'User CP' and choose paid subscriptions. There you will be able choose the Forum Supporter subscription and pay using our automated system via PayPal. We will not be handling Forum Supporter subscriptions via any other payment methods (i.e. mailing a check).

If at any time you decide you would like to become a full fledged Member, you will be required to pay the full membership price. There will not be any pro-rated rate because you are a Forum Supporter. Forum Supporter subscription fees are not refundable. Thanks for your support of .

Registered Guests

With the introduction of our Forum Supporter status, there will also be a few changes to Registered Guest accounts on the forum. Starting on July 1, 2007; here is a list of the abilities that Registered Guests will have on :

Black Username Displayed

PM Box that can store up to 100 messages

The ability to read and post in the following forums:

OEM Tech Discussion

Modified Tech Discussion

Street and Performance & Other Tech

Land Use Forum

Any of the Chapter Forums

Registered Guests will only have read access to the following forums:

Classified Forums

Non-Tech / Off Topic Forum

Jeep Pictures Showcase

Advanced Fabrication and Engineering

Adventure Forum

If you are interested in becoming a full-fledged Member, or a Forum Supporter (starting on July 1, 2007), please go here.

Thanks for your participation and support of NAXJA

If you don't pay the $17.50 you can no longer post in the Classified Forums, Non-Tech / Off Topic Forum, Jeep Pictures Showcase, Advanced Fabrication and Engineering, and Adventure Forum.

Even if you started a thread in one of these catagories, you can no longer finish it.

I'm pretty upset about it. Perhaps I've just been spoiled by the likes of this site and sites like Pirate4x4 that give the choice to donate instead of the requirement.

Yea, Just the other day, I wanted to post some rear RE leafs for an xj for a buddy, and found that out... That is going to make me stop cruising the sale ones, and keep to the freebies, if anyone even posts anymore...

I also think craigslist is pretty good, but should also have like along side all the local sites, a national one, just for auto stuff.

The classifieds is really going to die out, and advanced fab'll slow down alot. I don't think it'll kill the site, but it'll tame down a bit of it.

I like NAXJA, after I sort through all of the BS. I'm not angry, I'm just dissapointed.

I have a very simple question for all that are responding in this thread.

Do you pay anything to Pete, to help cover this site's costs? Do you send him a cut off any sold in the classifieds?

I'll place a good size wager that Pete doesn't recieve much if any revenue from the stickers/magnets/etc. So he provides this site with whatever donations he gets, plus the goodness of his heart.

Now multiply the traffic 10-15 fold. And make the site owned by a corporation. Who exactly is supposed to pay for NAXJA's bills? Well, its the users, or more appropiately the members.

There are specific reasons why those forums were chosen. Its where the majority of the asshats cause the most problems.... Members(remember the people that pay the bills) were frustrated over the garbage. The BOD did what they were elected to do. They came up with a way to help control the flow of garbage, and hopefully raise a few more dollars to help relieve some of the burden on the members' wallets.

The issue of not being able to finish your threads is currently under discussion by the members. But it seems like it may be a technical issue as to why it needs to be a clean break.

There still are national sales sites. JeepForum and JeepsUnlimited are still around. Or Jeep Classifieds(I don't know wether that is fee based or not).

That's understandable, but the thing is, I didn't see any notice of it happening. They just decided to put it into effect overnight, it seems.

I personally would be more than happy to pay 10 bucks a year or whatever to be a member here. but what I don't support is the fact that they just throw it in everyone's face with no warning.

Also, their board system sucks in the fact that the threads are in no dated order. I get something with the last post being from may, and the next is from today, next is from last august, and so forth, It makes trying to browse the forum a headache.

That's understandable, but the thing is, I didn't see any notice of it happening. They just decided to put it into effect overnight, it seems.

I personally would be more than happy to pay 10 bucks a year or whatever to be a member here. but what I don't support is the fact that they just throw it in everyone's face with no warning.

Also, their board system sucks in the fact that the threads are in no dated order. I get something with the last post being from may, and the next is from today, next is from last august, and so forth, It makes trying to browse the forum a headache.

Your right, you didn't see a notice if you weren't already a member. They should have communicated that better. I don't understand the thread dating issue, threads always show up as 'newest reply' threads first. I do see alot of dead threads being revived though.

They are all random. Like I can go in 10 pages, and finally find another thread dated today. Either way, I think I'm done with NAXJA, unless they go back to their old ways.

I do agree about the garbage threads, but I didn't notice very many in the classifieds section, which was the only section I used.

When I ordered my magnets, I gave Pete everything in my wallet, which wasn't much, but it's all I had. I tried.

I think the main thing that gets me is, like I said, the fact that a donation is becoming manditory.

there was a thread posted in off topic 2 weeks ago, it was brought to the top 4 or 5 times.

and it was made a sticky at the top of every forum 6/20.

When I ordered my magnets, I gave Pete everything in my wallet, which wasn't much, but it's all I had. I tried.

I think the main thing that gets me is, like I said, the fact that a donation is becoming manditory.

you can still get access to all of the tech forums, with the exception of advanced fab.

I see a lot of people bitching about this, but not a lot of people understanding that NAXJA is a Jeep club, not just an internet message board like Pirate.

NAXJA has real world expenses, insurance and taxes, not just the message board.

I like what's been done, I feel that the message board should be there to support the club, not a club supporting a message board.

I tried to get used to the SoCal board but I just couldn't. Among other things, it struck me as a small tight group that wasn't open to outsiders. Even the classifieds were a joke. A handful of locals lurk to snatch anything close to a good deal so they can sell it on Ebay. Sometimes they don't even take new pics, they just re-use the NAXJA ones.

In short: Not anything that I would pay to be a part of. nutkick.gif

I tried to get used to the SoCal board but I just couldn't. Among other things, it struck me as a small tight group that wasn't open to outsiders. Even the classifieds were a joke. A handful of locals lurk to snatch anything close to a good deal so they can sell it on Ebay. Sometimes they don't even take new pics, they just re-use the NAXJA ones.

I don't know the socal people that well, sorry to hear that.

if you were in the MWC you would have been welcomed, and probably woken up with a sheep in your tent ;)

if you were in the MWC you would have been welcomed, and probably woken up with a sheep in your tent ;)
WTF??? That's our local club's tradition!!!! Our mascot is a blow up sex toy sheep with everyone's signatures on it.

I've never met the Orange County group of the So Cal guys, but I have met the Inland Empire guys. Pretty damn good set of guys. I travel too much for work and I get tired of eating alone. So I posted up that I was going to be in the IE for a couple weeks, and they set up a M&G while I was there. Now when I am drug kicking and screaming to CA, we get together if I have the spare time.

The one member I know snatches stuff and sells it E-bay, doesn't live in So Cal, he lived in Nor Cal. Now he resides in the MWC.