I have modded 2dr bucket seats in my 4dr XJ, and the covers are beat and gross.  I'm not looking to fit different OEM covers to them, rather just a universal cover.

Has anyone purchased any off Amazon or the like?  How well did they fit, would you buy them again, etc?  Just want a grey or black.  Really looking for people to not have the first reaction of 'Eww' when they see the interior. :rotf:

Universal just means it universally doesn't fit. Thankfully there is a good amount of aftermarket support for XJs. And quite a few company's make XJ specific seat covers. They cost a bit more. But you don't be disappointed

I have modded 2dr bucket seats in my 4dr XJ, and the covers are beat and gross.  I'm not looking to fit different OEM covers to them, rather just a universal cover.

Has anyone purchased any off Amazon or the like?  How well did they fit, would you buy them again, etc?  Just want a grey or black.  Really looking for people to not have the first reaction of 'Eww' when they see the interior. :rotf:

Why not? they are plentiful and cheap, easy to change, and the seat bottom bases can be swapped L to R to correct for sag. I just redid a set of tip forward buckets, no way would I cover them up, they look so nice, look nearly new and not that hard to get done.

Are yours torn and ripped? If their just dirty... you could always have then steam cleaned. My buddy has one at his body shop that I used with some "cherry bomb" cleaner. Made my seats brand new again. Just make sure its a warm day and you don't have to drive anywhere for a couple hours. Or you'll get a damp dumper.

Mine are torn. I don't know if they will clean up given the nature of the staining. Basically they were stacked interlocking while they sat in a shed for about 5 years with stuff on them and they are rust stained. I'm going to clean them before I put the covers on either way, but I don't have high hopes.

Cabellas sells some for around $20. I'll order them as long as they ship to me.