Hey guys first time poster. Just signed up. I do believe my pops is on here as well. But anyways. The other night when i was making a right hand turn coming off the highway my comanche decided it would completely shut off. About half way through the turn it come right back on. Any idea why this might be happening? This is not the only time it has done thing. It has also jerked really good a few times while in the middle of a turn. It seems to only do any of this when I am making a right hand turn. Any help would be great. 

Thanks guy

Rob E.

How empty do you usually run your fuel tank?

What Impulse is getting at is that your fuel sloshes around in the tank, and when you turn hard right, it all runs to the left side, and the pickup isn't on the left side of the tank. If there isn't enough fuel in the tank, you end up sucking air out instead of gas until the fuel settles back down.

So if it doesn't do it with fuel in the tank but does when it's empty, that's probably the issue.

On another note, it's not the greatest for the fuel pump to run on empty all the time. It's kept cool by the fuel in the tank, so with low fuel it runs hotter and wears out more quickly.

What Impulse is getting at is that your fuel sloshes around in the tank, and when you turn hard right, it all runs to the left side, and the pickup isn't on the left side of the tank. If there isn't enough fuel in the tank, you end up sucking air out instead of gas until the fuel settles back down.

So if it doesn't do it with fuel in the tank but does when it's empty, that's probably the issue.

On another note, it's not the greatest for the fuel pump to run on empty all the time. It's kept cool by the fuel in the tank, so with low fuel it runs hotter and wears out more quickly.

I fill up once i hit 1/4 tank.

Money, that's what I was going to get at, but you did all the work for me.

At half a tank it shouldn't have a problem with fuel starvation from sloshing.  There is a bucket of sorts inside the tank that the pump sits in to prevent complete starvation.  It still may be possible, but it could also be coincidence that it has happened at this point.  With this kind of issue it can help to poke and prod around with the wiring, connectors, etc, and see if you notice anything out of the ordinary.

Either that, or you are taking turns at like 10000000 mph and making the fuel crawl way up the side of the tank lol

At half a tank it shouldn't have a problem with fuel starvation from sloshing.  There is a bucket of sorts inside the tank that the pump sits in to prevent complete starvation.  It still may be possible, but it could also be coincidence that it has happened at this point.  With this kind of issue it can help to poke and prod around with the wiring, connectors, etc, and see if you notice anything out of the ordinary.

Either that, or you are taking turns at like 10000000 mph and making the fuel crawl way up the side of the tank lol

haha nah. There is no way I'm driving a 30 year old truck like that. It just recently starting doing this. We've had it for right around 3 years now and it has never done it before.