New Jeep addition:)

CEThomas

Brought home the new Jeep addition on Saturday. Except for all the rain we had to drive home in :ack: it was a nice drive and the Ranger pulled it better then I expected, and got much better fuel mileage to :cheers:

Outside is not as bad as I thought.

2069957480066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2745707010066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

Inside will take some work, needs some major floor repair. The PO sure was lucky it did not burn to the ground.

2739249640066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2668000680066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

Was happy to look under it and find a Chrysler axle and not a D35. Do not know much about the Chrysler axle then it looks a LOT bigger then the D35. What are the Pros & cons on it?

that looks like pre 96, the 8.25 has a much stronger housing and ring and pinion, but the early ones were only 27 spline, so shaft strength is about the same as a D35.

Later ones were 29 spline, and closer to a D44 in strength,

It's a 92.

Not sure about the rims yet :ack: They are 16" ZJ rims, the gold has to go if I keep them but even then not sure I can take looking at them :nuts: Out of all the rims that could have been on it I got it had to be this set 8)

Looks good Charles.......Did you end up getting the tow dollie then, you didn't say anything about that.

Yea, except for the floor rot, which we just see on a white XJ, it really don't look bad at all for the deal you got.

I guest we should have loaded up a left fender for you too from the load ;)

And I guest you'll get your black rims too :brows:

What did the guy hit before you bought it off him? i'm suprised the rad held up.

Not sure what he hit, but just the header, fender and bumper. WE had pulled the header grill and lights prior to taking the photos.

Looks good Charles.......Did you end up getting the tow dollie then, you didn't say anything about that.

Yea, except for the floor rot, which we just see on a white XJ, it really don't look bad at all for the deal you got.

I guest we should have loaded up a left fender for you too from the load ;)

And I guest you'll get your black rims too :brows:

Yes we got the dolly and it worked great.

Yes, should have got the fender, light pan and the coil plug. Been looking to see which plug on the harness plugs into the coil on the MJ and found that it had been cut off the wiring harness :nuts: Took about 20 min with the XJ to see where everything on the MJ goes.

Charles -

I still have the '93 engine harness if you need something off that, connector or what ever, I don't know if I can put a stamp on the fender and mail that to you :brows:

Keystone sells new fenders for around $35

If you need some small parts like the headlight bucket, drop me a note ;)

And now that you have a live sample, you can trace down that AW4 connection :D

What did the guy hit before you bought it off him? i'm suprised the rad held up.
The 98 I just stripped had slightly more damage (folded pinch weld where the wheelwell meets the rest of the unibody) It was a 40mph hit, and only took out the header, bumper, and fender. Radiator was installed i guess like 2-3 months prior to the accident, and it is in perfect shape, noleaks or anything, still had a the full amount of antifreeze. he windshield washer tank was fine, however, the motor that is lower was clipped from the accident. The other damage waas all front axle damage, however, it pushed the driveshaft back hard enough that the 231 got cracked in half and the tranny tweaked enough to bust the tailhousing, and strip the tranny's oil pump shaft.

All in all, I would say that the XJ took the hit pretty well, considering there was no sturctural damage.