Need pic of lwb rollbar

I wish I could :evil: it svaed as some goofy type JPG and won't let me do anything with it.

it is definatly diffrent than the SWB bar , the rear bars come out more and it's not as sculpted . Also the guy has it in a ranger PU and he said the rear bars bolt in with 4 bolts and the rear paltes are flat down.

the MJ'S have three bolts and the plates are angled so they can bolt to the front of the wheel well.

I just need a pic to see if maybe they just modded the rear plates, But it don't look good :(

ok then that doesnt sound right for a long bed and also the ranger should be too narrow for the bar width i would think. since the ranger is a compact truck on the comanche a midsize.

Man I thought I had one :evil: :evil: :evil: and for $100.00 it would have been a sweet deal , Maybe some one will have a pic they can post up so I can ID the right one when I see it.

ok then that doesnt sound right for a long bed and also the ranger should be too narrow for the bar width i would think. since the ranger is a compact truck on the comanche a midsize.

When I bought my MJ there was a plastic bed liner and a cap on it. A guy down the road took them and put them on his Ranger long bed. The bed liner dropped right in and the cap bolted right up...just like that!!!

I have herd a DAKOTA aftermkt bar works...donno for sure. But I to would like a roll abr for the bed...even if its just for looks :)

CW

well it doesnt look like the rollbar in my mj but it might work. you could maybe have him measure the width of it and the length of the wheel well bars. I'm not sure. i just know that the ranger is a compact truck and the manche is a midsize so i just figured they wouldnt match up.

well tech its not but it is the largest compact truck thats for sure. lol

bcuz the dakota took after it and they shared alot of parts. like the rollbars and bed toolboxes. and the dakota isnt a compact so the manche is whtevr the dakotas are.

Careful when you say "share". The Dakota and MJ were designed by two companies that were completely separate at the time of conception and the trucks share very little directly. But they were both small trucks and some bed accessories will interchange. Of course, other small trucks are close enough in measurement to donate those types of items too. When you own an MJ, you sometimes have to be creative when hunting down parts. :D Case in point, the long bed S-10 tonneau covers and bed caps will fit a longbed MJ.

Jeep on!

--Pete

true very true. but from what ive seen the closest is the dakota in style and true size comparison. just from what ive seen between my mj and my friends dakota from the same year models. nvr really got into lookin too hard into it cuz quite frankly, idc cuz its not a jeep.

After seeing that most of you guys are in need of a LWB roll bar, what is the going price on them? Looks like dana 44's and rollbars are the hot items to have. What else is there to look for in the junk yards?

Having a SWB MJ, I guess the reason I haven't gotten too interested in one is because of my camping shell I sometimes install. :roll:

I have looked at installing a Fabtech Motorsports rear tire carrier so I can have a full size spare with me. I would put the mounting plates on Q.D. mounts when I need to use the bed to haul someting. :wink:

BTT come on guys someone has to have a pic of a lwb rollbar? .

I am begining to think they are a myth :? .

Does anyone have a lwb and swb MJ ? if you do can you measure from the bed wall ( cab side ) to the first wheel well seam in the bed?

Maybe they all use the same bar? I think the lwb has more space than the swb from wheel well to bed wall but I am not sure.

Are you looking for an IDing photo that you can use to identify a factory bar? Looking for how the longbed bar attaches? Or just looking for proof they exist? Different bars attach in different ways. If I remember right, the factory bars' rear legs attach to the angle front wall of the wheel well. Since there is a 6 inch difference between the sortbed and longbed in the distance between this point and the front of the bed, they won't interchange. But other bedbars (I'm trying not to call them "roll" bars) have legs that mount to the bed floor between the whellwells, and others mount to the top of the wheel well. These two designs could possibly interchange between longbeds and shortbeds.

Jeep on!

--Pete

my 86 lwb mj had a rollbar before i bought it bcuz the holes were still in the bed. and since it was a long bed it had holes in the corners by the cab and holes on the fron of the wheel wells. so that should help answer how the factory lwb ones connected. my swb comanche has one in it right now and it connects the same way but there is a difference in space between the front of the bed and the wheel well. i have no clue if the swb one is factoey or not.

Are you looking for an IDing photo that you can use to identify a factory bar? Looking for how the longbed bar attaches? Or just looking for proof they exist? Different bars attach in different ways. If I remember right, the factory bars' rear legs attach to the angle front wall of the wheel well. Since there is a 6 inch difference between the sortbed and longbed in the distance between this point and the front of the bed, they won't interchange. But other bedbars (I'm trying not to call them "roll" bars) have legs that mount to the bed floor between the whellwells, and others mount to the top of the wheel well. These two designs could possibly interchange between longbeds and shortbeds.

Jeep on!

--Pete

I need a photo to ID the bar, I know how they attach as mine had one before I got it.

And yes proof they exist would make me happy ( and convince me I'm not nutz! ) I definalty want a factory bar just to keep it as original as possible.

my 86 lwb mj had a rollbar before i bought it bcuz the holes were still in the bed. and since it was a long bed it had holes in the corners by the cab and holes on the fron of the wheel wells. so that should help answer how the factory lwb ones connected. my swb comanche has one in it right now and it connects the same way but there is a difference in space between the front of the bed and the wheel well. i have no clue if the swb one is factoey or not.

is it three holes in the front fender well, two below a third that's offset towards the bed side? I have these mystical holes in my wheelwell, and wonder if I didn't have one at one time. I haven't looked forward into the box, toolbox is in the way.

is it three holes in the front fender well, two below a third that's offset towards the bed side? I have these mystical holes in my wheelwell, and wonder if I didn't have one at one time. I haven't looked forward into the box, toolbox is in the way.

yes that is how the ones from my 86 lwb one is set up. so it sounds like you got ripped off just like i did when i got mine and saw the holes and was like "great now I'm never gonna find another rollbar for this thing". so join the line for a rollbar... starts WAY back there.