rear tail lights

ok so my problem is that my upper tail light lights up completely when i turn on my head lights. it should only light up a little because its the running light. then it should light up completely when i hit the brakes. i was wondering what might cause this? :nuts: thanks

jeepmud13 - Yes, it could be the ground wire, double check that.

It almost sounds like the 1157 bulbs are in "backwards" first try removing the bulb, and turning it 180 degrees, and locking them back in. If that's not the problem, then it's in the wiring harness at the tail end, there are very junkie crimp conectors for each light socket, and they should be checked, plus someone else, past owner, could have messed up the wiring changing a socket. Just go thru the wiring, and change what you need to, to make it work correctly.

jeepmud13 - Yes, it could be the ground wire, double check that.

It almost sounds like the 1157 bulbs are in "backwards" first try removing the bulb, and turning it 180 degrees, and locking them back in. If that's not the problem, then it's in the wiring harness at the tail end, there are very junkie crimp conectors for each light socket, and they should be checked, plus someone else, past owner, could have messed up the wiring changing a socket. Just go thru the wiring, and change what you need to, to make it work correctly.

The Comanche taillights actually call for 2057 double filament bulbs. 2 on each side in the top of the light and 1156 single filament bulbs for the reverse lights 1 on each side in the bottom of the light.

There is no significant difference between/among a 1054, 1157 and 2057. In fact, I think there's yet another that will fit the same socket and provide two filaments of contrasting brightness. There's a small wattage difference from one number to the other, but they'll all work. 1157s are usually easier to find than 2057s.

Eagle,

I think the crossreference is the 1034 not the 1054 anyway the 2057 and 1157 are interchangable the 2057 is supposed to be brighter or you can change to the later sockets and use the 3057, 3157, 3357 or 3457 that are becoming much more popular and available around the stores now. I'm always hunting for the 1157's at the bottom of the rack now.

Here is a crossrefernce chart if anybody needs it.

http://www.imperialinc.com/pdf/D_Vehicl ... eChart.pdf