attention all MJ/XJ plow owners

I have a Meyers plow I'm putting on my MJ. But I can't decide where I like the controller (slik-stik) best. I have it mounted just to the left of the lower HVAC and don't seem to mind it. But haven't actually used it at all either. Just curious where you've mounted them

I have a plow on my tj, and before that on an older Chevy. I'd recommend putting the controls on the left side so you can shift and run the plow at the same time. It makes plowing much easier!! I had the joystick mounted on the left bottom if the dash on the Chevy, which was OK, but on the tj, its on the top of the dash on the left. Great spot because it's inches from where my left hand is normally gripping the steering wheel.

Hey guys so I have all the lights wired/spliced in. And now my blinkers go so fast they don't even get to fully illuminate.... like when a bulb is out but worse. But none are out there is just the extra light now. Any one ever come across this? Hazards are normal. Just individual blinkers

yj vs tj frames are really close in design. it honestly might bolt right up

Nope.  YJ and TJ are different because the YJ mount has to get around the spring shackles.  :(  Well, I suppose that does mean a YJ mount might work on a TJ though, doesn't it...   so perhaps :) is more the case for that direction.  

I can tell you that the TJ center section (For Meyer plows) is also fairly close to the right width to use in a XJ/MJ if you make new side plates.   Or possibly if you just buy the right ones...  I have one I could measure if you like.  The TJ center section is a different p/n though...   And you'd still need the "kickers" if the XJ uses them.   (The TJ does, and I'm pretty sure the YJ does too, so I'd think the XJ would also.)  

For light use, the meyer 6' poly plow is working well for me.  But the price was very "right".  If I was looking to replace it, I'd go with a Western plow,and I'd opt for a 6.5'.  Western plows are just built a little heavier in all the right places from what I've seen,and I often wish my plow was just a tiny bit wider...  Regardless of what plow you use, be sure to drain and refill the hydraulic pump reservoir once a year to prevent water from building up in the fluid, or you may have issues when the weather gets really cold.     

yj vs tj frames are really close in design. it honestly might bolt right up

Nope.  YJ and TJ are different because the YJ mount has to get around the spring shackles.  :(  Well, I suppose that does mean a YJ mount might work on a TJ though, doesn't it...   so perhaps :) is more the case for that direction.  

I can tell you that the TJ center section (For Meyer plows) is also fairly close to the right width to use in a XJ/MJ if you make new side plates.   Or possibly if you just buy the right ones...  I have one I could measure if you like.  The TJ center section is a different p/n though...   And you'd still need the "kickers" if the XJ uses them.   (The TJ does, and I'm pretty sure the YJ does too, so I'd think the XJ would also.)  

For light use, the meyer 6' poly plow is working well for me.  But the price was very "right".  If I was looking to replace it, I'd go with a Western plow,and I'd opt for a 6.5'.  Western plows are just built a little heavier in all the right places from what I've seen,and I often wish my plow was just a tiny bit wider...  Regardless of what plow you use, be sure to drain and refill the hydraulic pump reservoir once a year to prevent water from building up in the fluid, or you may have issues when the weather gets really cold.     

whats a "kicker"?

Meyers at least doesn't. MJ/XJ look like this http://www.storksplows.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/300x300/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/s/dsc02043.jpg

Mines an older style and doesn't have that open top circle. Its closed in with steel bridging the top, Which I'm glad because I'm sure that adds a good amount of strength.

Isn't that where the sway bar goes?  Would be faster to install the new way, but I can see where the extra metal would add to strength.  Unless it's 3/8" thick, like the side plates for my TJ.  Then it's so stupid strong that it really doesn't matter...  :)

I really need to find some place to cheaply burn stuff out for me, or get my own plasma table...

C