Head gasket leaking oil

I have a bad oil leak. I jumped the gun and I replaced my rms. In the process of doing that I power washed the engine. Upon driving the jeep after I now realize it is leaking oil from the head gasket on passenger side. Any advice? I guess I will pull the head and check the head for cracks/ straightness and replace the head gasket. Do I need to replace head studs as well? Engine is a 4.0 that just turned over 170k.

That is the info I was wanting to see! I have not had one of these motors apart before so was not sure where oil passages were located or where the potential for oil leakage could be. Thank you

88, look at the lifter side of my block. The gasket area is small and can leak there.

That is the info I was wanting to see! I have not had one of these motors apart before so was not sure where oil passages were located or where the potential for oil leakage could be. Thank you

88, look at the lifter side of my block. The gasket area is small and can leak there.

No problem.

Factory head gaskets prior to about 1993 or so are known to leak oil. Not usually badly but sometimes they can get pretty bad. This is non-pressurized oil draining back down, not your rings or anything internal. There is a revised head gasket available with silicone (I think) in it that corrects this.