4l60e - NP231

Hi guys got a question for you guys that have experience with advanced adapters or Novak. I'm obviously trying to mate a gm4l60 to my 96 231 t-case, what I'm wanting to find out is which route should I go AA or Novak? The biggest difference from what I can tell is AA's adapter modifies the tcase to a 27 spline input vs the Novak that changes the trans to a 23 spline output which is better? The first thought that comes to my mind is AA, because I think I would go through a trans before my tcase? Suggestions are appreciated

Would a 70s 231 out of an SJ not bolt up to a 4L60 without an adapter? In the SJ they were mated to a THM400.

Or get a 241C that belongs behind a 4L60, plenty of them in junk yards. Sell the 231J and spend your money on something else.

Would a 70s 231 out of an SJ not bolt up to a 4L60 without an adapter? In the SJ they were mated to a THM400.

Or get a 241C that belongs behind a 4L60, plenty of them in junk yards. Sell the 231J and spend your money on something else.

It can be done, but the clocking is all wrong so you must have an adapter made or make yourself, which when all said and done the price will be more for me considering I also have to acquire the 241c. Also the kits from aa and novak works with either 2wd or 4wd trans because your changing the output on the trans. The price between the two (2wd vs4wd) are considerable when buying second hand. As I said I'm trying to do some research so if you can steer me in a different direction and save me some money that would be great and I appreciate any more suggestions