I need to know it all for the AX15 swap

Ok thanks. I'm probably going to wait to do the elimination because I need my truck running by tomorrow.

Also, if I do that elimination will that leave me in 4wd? How does it shift into 4wd anymore? Does it hair use the linkage?

And should I pull out that aftermarket 4wd shifter that is pictured earlier?

If you do the elimination, you will not be locked on 4wd. You will only be in 4wd when you engage the tcase. The elimination just locks the two piece axle together. Read through the prior link. There is a lot info about how it is "supposed to work" and what the elimination accomplishes.

You should use the 4wd shifter and linkage from the donor. There is a diff in the profiles for the BA10 and AX15 that the linkage adjusts for. [/quote

Now that I have more time, I'm trying to modify the crossmember so it can support that exhaust pipe like that original one on my Comanche did. Anyone have any suggestions?

Why are you not using the tranny mount from the XJ with the bracket for the exhaust already on it?

Or in other words, there is an OEM part (tranny mount) that has what you need.

I am but the exhaust part is different so I'll have to fab something up. I just started school so I don't have alot of time anymore. I'll have to wait for the weekend