MJ Hitch

I want to buy and install a class 3 Hitch from Hidden Hitch, they list one for the longbed but does not mention the shortbed which is what I have. Does it makes a difference, anyone has any experience with this before. Thanks Juan.

Different brand hitches mount in different ways and if they say longbed, chances are that it won't fit the shorty (although without knowing exactly what the difference is, I can't say that it can't be modified to work). Another common thing is for a hitch to require the stock step bumper.

Jeep on!

--Pete

• 7 months later...
Different brand hitches mount in different ways and if they say longbed, chances are that it won't fit the shorty (although without knowing exactly what the difference is, I can't say that it can't be modified to work). Another common thing is for a hitch to require the stock step bumper.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Is there a difference between the stock bumper and an FEY one? I bet there is, but i've never seen a stocker up close :roll:

Jeep on!

--Pete

Is there a difference between the stock bumper and an FEY one? I bet there is, but i've never seen a stocker up close :roll:

i have had both FEY and stock ones and the onel real difference is that the brackets don't line up with the holes on th truck. easy fix though, just drill holes in the bumper brakets and frame so you have one more extra bolt :D .

the 91 i am getting off Rob has a hitch on it and it is a shorty. maybe he will know what class and brand it is.

Alex