bought a parts xj for $200

JeepcoMJ

contrary to the pictures, the front axle is good. the tierods are fubar.

it's an 87 4.0 aw4 auto with the power/comfort option, grey interior, and dana 44 rear axle. the gear ratio is strangely enough a 3.73 ratio.

yes, the frame is bent and yes, the body is rusty. it doesn't have power but does have a/c, and it also has a yellow-top battery that may or may not still be good (can't get it out without bending back the front end...but it's not leaking and doesn't appear cracked)

interior is dirty but not ripped.

mileage is 216,000 but it's had a new engine put in and a new tranny and comes with paperwork I'm told.

basically, i couldn't pass it up for the price. now i just have to go and pick it up with the duramax and the trailer...it's 1 hour away and i don't have time til next sunday.

anyways, I'll be selling parts from this...the 4wd tranny and all components will be going to a guys truck i'm converting, the dana 44 is going to be available to you guys if my brother doesn't want it for his truck, I'll have doors, seats, etc. to sell as well.

selling will begin in 2 weeks after I strip it.

it's an 87 4.0 aw4 auto with the power/comfort option, grey interior, and dana 44 rear axle. the gear ratio is strangely enough a 3.73 ratio.

You manage to find all the cool stuff. jamminz.gif

mp, idk why I get so lucky.

tj, I'll take pics. idk how dirty the carpet is or if it's cleanable (seats are dirty so i bet floor is too), and the center console is a full console...that may end up in the 89 while I do the custom bench seat up.

i'll know more in a week when i pick it up and really tear it apart.

yea but yours doesn't have a dana 44 or a yellow-top battery does it? thought not :P.

the rear end alone is worth the price, the front gearset is worth $150 to me as I need one desperately to match my 8.8 rear that I have going in the 3800.

aaaaand the guy who i'm fixing's truck is giving me $350 for the tranny and all 4x4 components (and my other 3.55 front axle).

so i'm making money easily. plus i don't want a parts xj in good shape...i'd be too inclined to fix it