thinking bout engine swap

I'm going to start by saying that nobody better say "just drop a (name engine here: 4.0, 3.4, 2.8, v8 ) in it." :brows:

I don't want to fab, I don't want to swap wiring harnesses. My 2.5 in my 87 is getting beat.

What I'd like to do is find another 2.5, have it rebuild with ported heads, a mild Mopar cam, and bored over with bigger pistons. I'm not building a race-car here, but want a bit more power and no headaches in rigging it together. My question is, if I just swap everything over, including the Renix TBI setup, will I even notice the extra power? I mean, am I handcuffing myself by building a beefier engine, only to hook everything back up (except the clifford header and K&N filter/rusty's tube)? Will it run lean if I'm running a cam and headers and the factory ECM, Renix fuel delivery, and stock sensors?

Anyone have any guesses?

Thanks!

Tom

"just drop a (name engine here: 4.0, 3.4, 2.8, v8 ) in it." lol. Are you worried about the possible gains being choked off by the stock emmisions/fuel system? From my understanding, the Renix system is very forgiving. You may want to increase the fuel pressure and step up to a bigger TB if going with the suggested mods.

You will need to boost fuel delivery, at the end of the day your ECM / Renix fuel delivery will be the same :cry: You will be feeding more engine on the same amount of fuel ;) Play around with some larger injectors to try to boost fuel delivery and you will start making that 2.5 work :cheers:

Charles

Rebuild that 2.5 and I agree with upping the fuel pressure and tb, I even have a rare mopar performance cam and lifters I'm not using only has a few miles on it, would be willing to part with it. alway wanted to build a 300hp 2.5...... laugh but I can dream