curiousity killing my trans

so this mornin i'm on my way into work and 4th gear doesn't wanna "grip and go" it seems like its lagging behind but all over gears are not effected as of tonight when i drove it, but however my clutch release point has rised. Could i just be lookin at a need clutch or could it be 4th gears syncro tryin to let go because it only does it sometimes,

Redwolf

P.S. 

it is a 5speed manual transmission

No guarantee, but it sounds like clutch starting to go.  Does it do this in 5th at high rpm?  Normally when a clutch starts slipping and going out it will begin with the highest gears first. My sons Subaru did this, not real noticeable in 5th, then started in 4th occasionally. Then over a week or so it pretty much went.

No guarantee, but it sounds like clutch starting to go.  Does it do this in 5th at high rpm?  Normally when a clutch starts slipping and going out it will begin with the highest gears first. My sons Subaru did this, not real noticeable in 5th, then started in 4th occasionally. Then over a week or so it pretty much went.

i couldn't even tell ya if it does it at high rpms in 5th gear, my MJ doesn't really go past 55 and getting up to 55mph is a struggle at best (thank you GM 2.8). but i only notice a major lack of "grip and get) in 4th gear and the clutch catch/release point has gotten high on the clutch pedal,

Redwolf

High release point and a lack of grip in a higher gear.  Sounds like the clutch to me.

deffently signs of a bad clutch but somethin is makin noise when the clutch pedal is released, its very faint and almost sounds like a throwout bearing,

Redwolf

I'd do cheap stuff first.  bleed the clutch line and top off the gear oil.  I know they're different transmissions, but my peugeot always got finicky when the oil level dropped below a certain point.

• 2 weeks later...

well folks i think i found out what my weird sound and why if felt like i had slipage. Last night i was drivin to a bud's house and it felt like my clutch had finally went cause i wasn't really goin anywhere, i turn the corner and stop at the stop sign and all i hear is a knockin and draggin sound, i get out and the rear end of the driveshaft is on the ground, ujoint strap bolts were hand loose, one needle bearing cap was missin and the other needle bearing cap had about half of its needles. Of course my issue would be the only thing that i don't check,

Redwolf